Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Restoring an old photograph?

• 29-06-2010 2:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

Can this be done?

The photo in question is a colour one from the early ninties, it looks a bit old and the corners are faded. The subject is one that is dear to our families hearts and I would love to get it restored/reproduced and framed.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that can do this?

Unfortunately the negative has been lost in the mists of time...

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

You need someone who is whizkid at Photoshop and a very decent scanner. I am sure if you emailed the Dublin Camera Club, they might be able to help you.

http://www.dublincameraclub.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I do this regularily in work, nobody will give you a yes or no answer until they see it for definite but there has never been an image that I havent been able to work on to the customers satisfaction.

If you like you can bring it in to me in The Liberty market on Meath Street, I'm there Thurs - Sat, if it is not too bad I can usually do it within 30 minutes so you can have a look around and collect the print.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

as smelltheglove said, it would be difficult to say yay or nay until the photograph is seen.

Obviously, most if not all can be fixed somewhat, depending on how bad the damage is.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Visuelle

Try here , seen this a while back, might be of use to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

With a bit of PS it is possibe, but it all depends on how bad the picturre is. Here's one I did a good while ago.

0DB0372FC5524C1EB2681E3746C0CDEA-500.jpg

84FC01A92ED541658EFDE7F1863698A4-500.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

if you are seeking a service there may be boardsies which would be willing to give it a go. If so, maybe consider adding it to our services wanted/offered thread.

Advertisement