Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rollerskating

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

is this roller blading or is it like the movie (cant remember what movie it is) but they go around the track and fight eachother!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Gregsor

.SONIC. wrote: »
    is this roller blading or is it like the movie (cant remember what movie it is) but they go around the track and fight eachother!! :eek:

Whip It?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

havent seen that movie, but im interested in quads not inline skates, thought it wud be a good way to ghet fitter and a bit more fun. ive never really been a team sports kinda gal so im not sure about the roller derby, just wondered if anyone else is interested at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 loniy

Hi,
    I was just wondering if you got any replies about a roller derby in Kildare?
    Ive always wanted to get involved with it,but i dont like the thoughts of going to Dublin for it.
    Thanks,
    Loniy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

hiya, not heard anything from anyone about the rollerskating, i know theres a group starting up in carlow, but thats nearly the same as going to dublin (inchicore). i got skates at christmas and have been out on them once and im awful and too embarrassed to be seen in them again,i used to be great at it!! im 32 now and too old to fall over in the street!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 loniy

hiya, not heard anything from anyone about the rollerskating, i know theres a group starting up in carlow, but thats nearly the same as going to dublin (inchicore). i got skates at christmas and have been out on them once and im awful and too embarrassed to be seen in them again,i used to be great at it!! im 32 now and too old to fall over in the street!!
    Ha,yeh thats true,im the same age as you & probably too old to start rollerskating,i never was much good at it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

This is an old thread I know..

But wondering if anyone has set any new teams up lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bocabeat

Still anyone interested in starting up a Kildare roller girls, be interested in meeting up and planning this out? No one is ever too old, small, thin, large to start roller derby everyone is welcome and useful in the sport and one of the best skaters out there Suzy Hotrod of Gotham roller girls in NY started out not knowing how to skate. It’s not the skill that ultimately makes a good player but the commitment and dedication to the sport. If you practice anything long enough you will eventually get good at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Bocabeat wrote: »
    Still anyone interested in starting up a Kildare roller girls, be interested in meeting up and planning this out? No one is ever too old, small, thin, large to start roller derby everyone is welcome and useful in the sport and one of the best skaters out there Suzy Hotrod of Gotham roller girls in NY started out not knowing how to skate. It’s not the skill that ultimately makes a good player but the commitment and dedication to the sport. If you practice anything long enough you will eventually get good at it.

I dont mind giving a dig out to set this up. Im still in two minds about whether id do it or not. The injuries are kinda puttin me off

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I'm a recent addition to the Maynooth population ...
    I'm interested if anyone else here is.
    Did most of the fresh meat training before getting injured ... now getting over dislocating my knee from a fall while running - injuries are inevitable in life ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭binga

Did anything ever come of this? There are teams popping up all over the country and it would be brilliant if there was a kildare team. It's brilliant fun and a great way to get fit. I've done some fresh meat and lots of NSOing. I'm in the newbridge/naas area. Let's do this!!!

Advertisement