Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk website keeping my money.

Options
  • 29-06-2010 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just looking for some advice in how i approach this.
    I bought an airsoft item from a uk website in which i have not heard back from for a while, i wrote email after email and still nothing.
    They have taken my money through sagepay without any effort to send me my item.
    I was just wondering what can i do, is there something i could say to them that would motivate a response from them. I was tolded weither its true or not that i could report their payment system and blacklist them from what i understand is something any retailers dont want to have as the credit card useage will be stricten or something.
    Thats only what i heard from a mate, but can i get some real advice on this:(..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

More of a Consumer Issue, moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Hey all,

Just looking for some advice in how i approach this.
    I bought an airsoft item from a uk website in which i have not heard back from for a while, i wrote email after email and still nothing.
    They have taken my money through sagepay without any effort to send me my item.
    I was just wondering what can i do, is there something i could say to them that would motivate a response from them. I was tolded weither its true or not that i could report their payment system and blacklist them from what i understand is something any retailers dont want to have as the credit card useage will be stricten or something.
    Thats only what i heard from a mate, but can i get some real advice on this:(..

How long is a while? When exactly did you purchase the item?
    Did you ring them?

Advice will be along as soon as you answer those questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Assuming you paid with your Credit Card, a substantial amount of time has passed and you haven't received the goods then you should report the issue to your credit card company. They will investigate your complaint and issue a refund if they rule the case in your favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

RangeR wrote: »
    How long is a while? When exactly did you purchase the item?
    Did you ring them?

Advice will be along as soon as you answer those questions.

Apologies, twas late when i wrote this, a while being a month when i purchased it and an e-mail was sent from sage to say that the tranaction was successful. However no e-mail from the site to say the order is processed or sent or nothing.
    As for ringing them, the phone just keeps ringing and when i did get through the line was perfect at my end but bad at his end:rolleyes::mad:.

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Assuming you paid with your Credit Card, a substantial amount of time has passed and you haven't received the goods then you should report the issue to your credit card company. They will investigate your complaint and issue a refund if they rule the case in your favour.

Thanks for that jpb1974, appretiate that advice but just one question on top of what you said. How long more do i need to wait to report the issue..?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that jpb1974, appretiate that advice but just one question on top of what you said. How long more do i need to wait to report the issue..?

It should be a near last resort. If you have a postal address for them write a formal letter of complaint detailing everything that happened, including dates. Register post this as you will have a record that they received it.

Tell them that you will be taking it further unless they reply favorably within 10 business days [2 weeks to you and me].

You can then show the CC company that you tried to allow the company to rectify the issue. Proceed with that at that time.

If that fails, contact that Small Claims Court.

From here on in, have EVERYTHING in writing.

RangeR wrote: »
    It should be a near last resort. If you have a postal address for them write a formal letter of complaint detailing everything that happened, including dates. Register post this as you will have a record that they received it.

Tell them that you will be taking it further unless they reply favorably within 10 business days [2 weeks to you and me].

You can then show the CC company that you tried to allow the company to rectify the issue. Proceed with that at that time.

If that fails, contact that Small Claims Court.

From here on in, have EVERYTHING in writing.

Perfect, thank you very much for helping me on this issue RangerR.
    Very much appretiated.

Darth.;)

Sending a letter is an option but if you inform your credit card company that you have attempted to contact them via telephone then that should be sufficient.

I'd also recommend sending them (the seller) an e-mail and allowing up to 48hours to reply. Keep the email in your Sent Items as proof that you attempted to contact them.

Will do, thank you very much for that advice.
    Much appretiated:)

I'd also recommend sending them (the seller) an e-mail and allowing up to 48hours to reply. Keep the email in your Sent Items as proof that you attempted to contact them.

No offense, but EMails are shoite. Very few companies actually follow up on emails received, in my dealings with companies.

Don't rely on email for large purposes. You have tried to email them to no avail. Registered post is the only real way to go at this time. You will be sure that they have received the letter and can prove it. You cannot prove that they received and read an email.

• Advertisement

Registered post is the only real way to go at this time

Well it's not the only way... speaking from experience -

I was in the exact same situation as the OP in the past. Seller took payment from my credit card, never bothered sending goods. Tried contacting them via phone on several occasions... 9 out of 10 times no response, then I managed to get through and was told they'd be sent that day... which of course was a load of bullcrap so 2 weeks later I had enough.

Contacted credit card company (you have to send in your claim via letter or fax) and was refunded about 10 working days later.

So registered letters aren't mandatory... but of course they will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

So registered letters aren't mandatory... but of course they will help.

A well written typed out letter shows you mean business and won't be fobbed off.

A well written typed out letter shows you mean business and won't be fobbed off.

True. I wrote mine to my credit card company.

Advertisement