If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Radio with CD player

Options
  • 29-06-2010 8:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Am looking for an internet radio that also plays CDs

Would you have anything along those lines ?

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Szondi

Sorry for delay in getting an answer for you.

I have the Philips MCi300
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/m/mci300_05/mci300_05_pss_eng.pdf

This is a compact CD radio Hi-Fi system with Inertnet radio and can stream music from a windows PC - it can comm wirelessly (or wired) with your broadband router.
    It has decent speakers backed up by a 40 watt per channel amp.
    You also have a headphone socket and phono line inputs.
    Oh and you get a remote control....

It's a great sounding Hi-Fi system and i'd be happy to demo it for you if you call into us.

we sell this for €299.99 but with your 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount on this item you'd be looking at only €269.99

Have a look at the spec above and call on in for a demo.

Cheers
    Ash

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Szondi wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Am looking for an internet radio that also plays CDs

Would you have anything along those lines ?

Cheers

Sz,

thanks for the post - I have been doing a bit of digging for you and I have come up with 2 options so far (both quite interesting).

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6682

From The Philips Shop we have the Philips MCI300 - this is a really excellent unit which allows you to enjoy music exactly the way you want to - you can stream music from your PC, play CDs or plug and play music from USB devices or of course for a universe of music options, simply tune in to Internet Radio.

• Wireless streaming from PC via UPnP
    • Wireless streaming between Centre, Station(s) and PC
    • Plug and play directly from your USB flash memory device
    • 2 x 40 W RMS Hi-Fi sound
    • 2-way Bass reflex speakers

The MCI300 retails at €euro299.99 but I can do a Boardie special at €euro 259.99

Next up we have the new Teac CR-H500DNT - now this is a serious piece of kit - this is a new unit from Teac which includes CD/DAB/Wifi / Internet Radio & iPOD interface - ok this is expensive but my god it's the dog's dangly bits...

picture.php?albumid=1039&pictureid=6683

Here are a few of the specs:

• CD, iPod, Tuner, AUX, USB
    • iPod digital audio connection via USB cable
    • Supports CD, CD-R/RW, WMA & MP3 discs
    • Play and record files through USB onto portable MP3 player
    • DAB/DAB+/AM/FM/Internet-Radio Stereo tuner with RDS
    • Preset Station Memory: 10 DAB, 30 AM, 30 FM
    • Digital Clock, Timer On, Sleep Timer
    • Full function remote control (also controls iPod)
    • Output Power: 40W + 40W (6 ohms, 1kHz, 0.5% THD)
    • Audio input x 3 (RCA x 2, Stereo Mini x 1)
    • Audio out x 1 (RCA)
    • USB Port x 1
    • Subwoofer pre-out x 1
    • Headphone jack x 1 (Stereo mini)
    • Ethernet port x 1

This normally retails at £499.95 / €599.99 - I can do a Boardie special on it at just £399.95 / €499.99 (it's for sale at €599 most places in Ireland...:eek:)

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.