Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Problems

• 29-06-2010 8:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I bought a car from a dealer there on Saturday and unfortunately. I have found two probs with it already.

Ther first is the engine oil light which is coming on and alarming which hopefully will be sorted no prob as I got 3 months or 3,000 miles engine and gear box warranty on it.

The second one is with the electric windows. The buttons on the drivers side for the windows collapsed. Basically they came off their fixture. Now when the windows wind down they don't stop unless you push the butoon in the opposit direction, which is hard to do especially because they came off their fixture. At the same time the control on the passenger side still work for putting the window down but won't wind it up.

This problem started on Saturday evening. I understand the limitations of an engine and gear box warranty but surely I shouldn't be seeing other problems so soon if the car has been fully serviced.

Is there any come back, how should I approach the dealer about these issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Not a great start to just owning the car. Bein honest with you i'd try
    and give the car back.

See how you get on when you bring the car back to him.

Either get it fixed so your satisfied. Or get a refund and go car shopping
    once again.

What type of car is it. I'm guessing a golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Interesting guess. Seat Leon so same engine etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Just a wild guess! Brother-in-law has a Golf, similar sounding
    problem with the engine "orange" oil light coming on.
    Took ages to get rid of it, low on oil at first then sensor had to be taken
    off and cleaned.
    Hope you can get some satisfaction from the dealer who sold you the car.
    Too early to be having problems with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Check the oil level pronto, before you drive it any further!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

If it's the 1.4 just do a serch here for Golf 1.4 and it will probably make you run a mile. There sounds like trouble ahead with it to be honest. I'd just try and get a refund...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

try for a refund and next time check everything works...it's a learning curve I guess.:)

esel wrote: »
    Check the oil level pronto, before you drive it any further!

Apoligies I though I mentioned that the oil level is okay.
    Temp sensor seems to be acting up too now. Needle isn't moving from the base position. Have it booked in for tomorrow afternoon hopefully all the probs will be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

3 problems like that in less than a week; Id be looking for my money back tbh.

How should I approach it. What are my rights at this stage. Imagine becuae the issues should have happened so soon. They would be considered pre-exsisting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Used cars will have problems, fact of life that we have to deal with, if the dealer is willing to fix the problems(if i give that warranty and have any other problems like you discribbed in first week i will put it right)then i would be happy with that. the window buttons are only plastic so often break and are very easaly replaced and cheap. if your happy with the car other than the things you discribed getting the problem sorted should be enough

• Advertisement
Advertisement