Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

article in Carlow People Drugs Outreach

Options
  • 29-06-2010 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭

not sure If I can post this

but there's an article on my free service in the Carlow People today, however no phone number included I'm the Drugs Outreach Worker for Carlow/Kilkenny.

people can call me if they are looking for me re the service, on my work mobile <snip>

Cheers

Patrick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

what exactly does a drugs outreach worker do? do you get them methadone or organise accommodation for homeless drug addicts etc? i am a bit ignorant of what is done by outreach workers but laying my cards on the table i do feel that any time or money that is spent on drug addicts is wasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    what exactly does a drugs outreach worker do? do you get them methadone or organise accommodation for homeless drug addicts etc? i am a bit ignorant of what is done by outreach workers but laying my cards on the table i do feel that any time or money that is spent on drug addicts is wasted.

as an initial contact, I meet people assess them, refer to appropriate services, e.g's counselling, treatment, methadone programmes etc, I advocate on their behalf, I provide advice and support and a lot more besides

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

foggy_lad wrote: »

Ya I mean why help those that are looking to change their life for the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

ya can lock this shay/super cos i justed posted to put the number up, no point in thread without it.

Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Locked at OP's request.
    PM patrickc if you want his phone number.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement