Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your opinion on the Giant Rapid Advanced

• 29-06-2010 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hello,

I am thinking of buying the Giant Rapid Advanced very soon and I'd like to have some opinions on it from existing owners.

The web is very poor of review about it... I mean there are NO review yet... Is it because of its bad quality? Or maybe price?

Please, give your full point of view!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

€2100 for a carbon fibre hybrid? It's a fairly niche product. Most people spending that sort of money would buy a proper road bike instead.

But whatever makes you happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Esmimyst

I really don't feel at ease on a dropbar bike like a real road bike... That's why Im going for the Rapid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Esmimyst wrote: »
    I really don't feel at ease on a dropbar bike like a real road bike... That's why Im going for the Rapid.

This is a common perception of inexperienced cyclists (and a few experienced ones), though I'm not saying you're wrong.

There just isn't the same justification for carbon fibre on a hybrid, so depreciation will likely be cliff-like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

If you could at all I would say take it for longish test cycle before you buy. Probably not possible though because I reckon any LBS would only order them in if somebody is going to buy it.

Yes, no test drive possible until it's ordered... But I've tested a Rapid 1 and it felt very good. I went at the car park on the road to glenckee with a cassette 11-21... Was a bit hard in some part but I made it up there...

I think Im part of the few experienced that don't like road bike at all... I mean Ive done 14000km in 3 years and always been very efficient on Rapid-like bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Have you considered the Trek 7.9fx? Although I compared the specs and its a bit pricier for no apparent reason?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

Esmimyst wrote: »
    Ive done 14000km in 3 years and always been very efficient on Rapid-like bike.

Then why ask :) -- you do more kms than most

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Esmimyst
    Ive done 14000km in 3 years and always been very efficient on Rapid-like bike.
    Then why ask -- you do more kms than most

I ask because it's an expensive purchase and it's always better to get point of view from owner or other cyclists...
    Have you considered the Trek 7.9fx? Although I compared the specs and its a bit pricier for no apparent reason?

Yes, I did review all similar bike in every brand (Trek, Specialezed...) and Giant are cheaper for the same specs...

Advertisement