Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Converting Tremolo Into A Fixed Bridge????

• 29-06-2010 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Title says it all really :D

Got an ibanez GRG270 that i want to disable the Tremolo on....

Looking for suggestions on the Easiest and cheapest way to do this???
    Am getting slightly confused by all the stuff i'm reading on the subject :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Clohane wrote: »
    Title says it all really :D

Got an ibanez GRG270 that i want to disable the Tremolo on....

Looking for suggestions on the Easiest and cheapest way to do this???
    Am getting slightly confused by all the stuff i'm reading on the subject :(

Thanks

A block of wood should do the job, something like this : DSC01219.jpg

Edit: I shouldve mentioned you would have to tighten up the springs too or even put in an extra one so the block doesnt fall out when you bend a string or put it in a higher tuning / heavier strings etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

^ This + 1

That's how I do it.
    Works well, is easy/cheap to do and is easily reversible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

I'll give it a go tonight and let ye know how i get on. I taught dare was going to be more to it than just putting in a block of wood (and tightening the springs) :D

Cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

2 blocks of wood, 1 either side of the trem block or if you want to spend a small amount of money buy a Tremol-no and set it to hardtail mode..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Anyone have any experience with the Tremol-no? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Clohane wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with the Tremol-no? :)

I have experience of buying one, it's still in the packet over a year later though, the guitar needs other work before that goes on.
    They are great devices, juust look on Youtube, plenty of installation videos and there's a dedicated Tremol-no forum on their website.
    It'll lock your bridge no problem. They can be had for cheap enough on eBay.

Advertisement