Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holland vs Brazil

• 29-06-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    If anyone is thinking of betting on Holland after looking at the different options/odds it seems a no-brainer to bet on Holland draw no bet, Holland extra time and Holland penos.
    Options:
    1.Holland to qualify-13/8
    Or bet 2, 3 and 4.
    2.Holland draw no bet 7/4
    3.Holland extra time 14/1
    4.Holland Penos 11/1.

1. €50 bet= €81.25 profit or €50 loss
    2. €87.50 return - €9 (holland extra time) - €7(holland penos)= €71.50 profit or 0 loss (if draw in 90 mins) or €66 loss if Brazil win in normal time
    3. €7 bet= €98 -€9 (holland extra time)= €89 profit or €16 loss if Brazil win
    4. €9 bet= 99 -€7 (holland penos)= €92 profit or € 16 loss (same as above-€16 total loss) if Brazil win.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Brasil will win this 4-1

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

Where are you getting these odds from?

Also I don't get what you are doing? Which option is the best. Surely the straight bet for holland to qualify is the best??

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

Brazil will do them or nick it by a goal.
    There just a different class than anyone else. Even when they play sh**e they still come out with a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    If anyone is thinking of betting on Holland after looking at the different options/odds it seems a no-brainer to bet on Holland draw no bet, Holland extra time and Holland penos.
    Options:
    1.Holland to qualify-13/8
    Or bet 2, 3 and 4.
    2.Holland draw no bet 7/4
    3.Holland extra time 14/1
    4.Holland Penos 11/1.

1. €50 bet= €81.25 profit or €50 loss
    2. €87.50 return - €9 (holland extra time) - €7(holland penos)= €71.50 profit or 0 loss (if draw in 90 mins) or €66 loss if Brazil win in normal time
    3. €7 bet= €98 -€9 (holland extra time)= €89 profit or €16 loss if Brazil win
    4. €9 bet= 99 -€7 (holland penos)= €92 profit or € 16 loss (same as above-€16 total loss) if Brazil win.

please explain how that's a no brainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

the whole first post makes no sense to me????

Where is he going with it???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Backed Brazil @ 2.14 last night. Just look quality and havn't been extended yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

2.04 Brazil to win in 90 mins now (well 15 mins ago when I checked!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

heavyballs wrote: »
    please explain how that's a no brainer?

Nicely phrased:D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Backing Brazil to the hill on this one.

Already have..

L Fabiano to score in 90 minutes and Brazil to win the match @ 9/4
    Wincast
    Holland v Brazil
    €10.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Brazil are much better than Holland, i dont understand that first bet either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

I backed Holland outright at nine's, think I can safely say goodbye to that.

colly_06 wrote: »
    I backed Holland outright at nine's, think I can safely say goodbye to that.

Although I fancy Brazil to beat Holland, you never know. If Holland get by Brazil they have a relatively handy semi (well it could be a lot worse) against Ghana/Uruguay so would be favs to beat either of them. Then you have a once off final so I wouldnt be throwing away any Holland dockets @ 9-1 yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Warper wrote: »
    Although I fancy Brazil to beat Holland, you never know. If Holland get by Brazil they have a relatively handy semi (well it could be a lot worse) against Ghana/Uruguay so would be favs to beat either of them. Then you have a once off final so I wouldnt be throwing away any Holland dockets @ 9-1 yet.

i have holland at 16s,backed them a month before the wc,always new that this day would come,didnt expect brasil to be on such good form,,but holland have also been on excellent form throughout the wc and before,i can only hope for a 1-0 win, or draw and win on penalties.if they do i can see them go to the finals,were anything can happen...will defo lay them if they do doh...

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Holland will beat them.

They're a massive price, I've a nice lump on @ 16/5 on them to win in 90 minutes.

coughlan08 wrote: »
    i have holland at 16s,backed them a month before the wc,always new that this day would come,didnt expect brasil to be on such good form,,but holland have also been on excellent form throughout the wc and before,i can only hope for a 1-0 win, or draw and win on penalties.if they do i can see them go to the finals,were anything can happen...will defo lay them if they do doh...

Holland are in excellent form!? If you mean result wise, yes. Performance wise, no.

They have done just enough in every game. Brazil will just sit back soak up the pressure and counter. Holland either need to up their game big time or hope for something special from Robben or RVP(who's looked average) again. That's the general feeling in Holland(have a cousin who works in the Dutch sports media).

They obviously have a chance of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

apparantley theres a few arguements in the Dutch squad again (wouldnt be like them) with RVP giving out about being subbed and saying Sneijder should have been taken off.

anyway, i'll be having a good bit on Brazil @ evens too, maybe a bit on the -1.5 aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

While I think Brazil will qualify (and have 6.0 on the outright market & 2.3 to reach semis) they're short enuf at 2s on to qualify. Looks a no bet game to me. Brazil are slightly odds on in the 90 minute market on Betfair too

1/2 Brazil to qualify represents no value at all, anyone backing that will quite likely have a very nervy 90 mins maybe more. Looks a no bet game to me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Don't know what i'll bet on this yet if i even bother. But i do think Brazil will win in the 90 minutes. Holland have yet to really get going and i question whether they can get into that extra gear against brazil. They have been sloppy with passing, looked dodgy at the back and failed to put away some easy chances. Robben scored a great goal the other day but didn't look fully fit. Brazil have just impressed that bit more and look like they can go the distance this year.

I'd maybe consider over 2.5 goals or both teams to score. Both a little over evens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Anyone know the odds for Holland to Qualify and the odds to win within the 90?

• Advertisement

ultain wrote: »
    Anyone know the odds for Holland to Qualify and the odds to win within the 90?

Oddschecker is your friend

www.oddschecker.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Thinking of lumping on Brazil at 10/11 with Bet365, ive talked the sister into opening a account with them so i can get the free £200 bet, so i will get back 565 for a £200 bet not bad at all 3.65 for Brazil to win:D.
    Only problem then is i have to roll it over 3 times but still its good value.

Just covered myself a little bit on the Holland - Brazil game with..

Single: Draw @ 23/10
    1 line at €15.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €15.00
    Potential returns: €49.50

Single: Brazil to Score 2 or more goals in the match @ 11/10
    1 line at €25.00 per line
    Total stake for this bet: €25.00
    Potential returns: €52.50

I really cannot see Holland winning this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

This matchup is much closer than the odds would suggest. 2 very similar teams in terms of set up and quality of players and the value is all with Holland.

Full betting preview available for this one for anyone interested.

This is a bet which really catches my eye though - Michel Bastos to be booked @ 10/3 (Skybet)

Will be lining up directly against Arjen Robben who often (and more than most) gets his opponent booked. Considering Bastos in't really your typical natural defender, i'd expect him to be caught out of position by Robben on a few occasions and resorting to last ditch tackles. Fantastic price IMO.

This matchup is much closer than the odds would suggest. 2 very similar teams in terms of set up and quality of players and the value is all with Holland.

Full betting preview available for this one for anyone interested.

This is a bet which really catches my eye though - Michel Bastos to be booked @ 10/3 (Skybet)

Will be lining up directly against Arjen Robben who often (and more than most) gets his opponent booked. Considering Bastos in't really your typical natural defender, i'd expect him to be caught out of position by Robben on a few occasions and resorting to last ditch tackles. Fantastic price IMO.

The odds are suggesting Brazil have a 50% chance of winning the game in 90 mins. I think most people would agree with that. Holland havn't played any top team yet. They came out of a poor Group with Denmark, Cameroon and Japan and then beat Slovakia. In not one of these games they have done anything to suggest they are capable of beating Brazil. The dutch have an average backline and Van Persie is playing like Rooney or Torres - awful. They have 2 truly world class players in Sneijder and Robben but that is it. Brazil with their 2 holding midfielders along with their back 4 plus Cesar in goals will easily deal with these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Thinking of lumping on Brazil at 10/11 with Bet365, ive talked the sister into opening a account with them so i can get the free £200 bet, so i will get back 565 for a £200 bet not bad at all 3.65 for Brazil to win:D.
    Only problem then is i have to roll it over 3 times but still its good value.

Make sure she has a different address as a lot of them have a clause of only one offer per household.

Make sure she has a different address as a lot of them have a clause of only one offer per household.

both postal and IP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

One address in irish and one in english will do the trick if ya can...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

RoverJames wrote: »
    both postal and IP :)

Oh do they check I.P address as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

yea l'd imagine the ip address will show up alright jonjo.

get her to open it up over the phone tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I've a few on, that I can't remember, atm.:o
    All basically pointing towards a Brazilian win, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Think there will be goals in this, looking at over 1.5 @ 4/11 or even over 2.5 @ 5/4. Think the second one is tasty, Holland are not exactly fantastic at the back but might score 1. think Brazil to win this in 90 mins though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

at first glance the over 2.5 goals looks decent at odds against but more I look at this the more i think both teams can keep it tight. Brazil to win one and two nil for me if the price is right. Otherwise Brazil in normal time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Might go for the nil nil here, could be a tight one.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

draw/brazil at 5.2 on betfair in the ht/ft market is worth a punt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Ya the draw/brazil isin't bad. Still though, I can see goals in both halves. If Holland score first I think Brazil can and probably would reply. If Brazil score first I can see them playing possession football playing it around, holding it outside the dutch penalty box waiting for the opening pass, and obviously Brazil breaking fast on the counter if Holland need a goal aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭jkelly85

just afew first goal for me in this one.

i like sneijder at 19. on betfair that is a big price he has 2 already and would be one of the few who would could get a goal for holland .5 point
    19 betfair .5 point

and fabiano 6.2 with betfair up top on his own and has been good so far for brazil fancy him to get a goal and hopefully its the first :D
    6.2 betfair 1 point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Gracelessly Tom

For what it's worth here's my bets for today. Went a little nuts on the last one!! :eek:

Brazil 2-0 €10 @ 7/1
    Fabiano first goal €50 @ 9/2
    Fabiano 2 or more goals €10 @17/2
    Double - Brazil 2-0 and Uruguay 2-0 €5 returns 340
    Brazil to score two or more goals €200 @ 11/10

Can't see beyond a Brazil win and can see them bagging at least 2 goals in the game. Holland have looked weak enough going forward, and have yet to be challenged by a class outfit.

Cue a Holland win...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

just going to back brazil to qualify to cover my stake on Holland outright bet.

At 4/9 though it looks a ****e price so going to chance an in-running bet provided Brazil don't score too early or first. I'll hope for 8/11 or 8/13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Brazil gone back out to EVS from 10/11 on Bet365 so took that

Also have correct score 2-1 to Brazil @ 8/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,939 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

evens for brazil looks like heaven to me
    ill take some of that

mailburner wrote: »
    evens for brazil looks like heaven to me
    ill take some of that

I reckon I'll have a ton on that on the way home from work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

What do people think of this match going to penalties?

I was thinking a double of holland and urugay and hedge it with a 90min win to Brazil?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Silly €2 bet of the day

Half time/Full time
    Holland/Brazil

Doubled with

Half time/Full time
    Ghana/Uruguay

Have a day off today so will be sitting home watching this match :D

Netherlands v Brazil line-ups:

Netherlands: 1-Maarten Stekelenburg; 2-Gregory van der Wiel, 3-John Heitinga, 4-Joris Mathijsen, 5-Giovanni van Bronckhorst; 7-Dirk Kuyt, 6-Mark van Bommel, 10-Wesley Sneijder, 8-Nigel de Jong, 11-Arjen Robben; 9-Robin van Persie.

Brazil: 1-Julio Cesar; 2-Maicon, 3-Lucio, 4-Juan, 6-Michel Bastos, 5-Felipe Melo, 8-Gilberto Silva, 13-Dani Alves, 10-Kaka, 11-Robinho, 9-Luis Fabiano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

Lucio Anytime and Brazil to win the game @ 17/1 on PP 5er on that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

the more the day goes on i think holland are going to win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

2-0 Brazil has a nice enough ring to it for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Either Holland to win after ET which means I suppose penos or Brazil to win by one. Will be a cracker of a game that i do promise.
    OHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

Holland v Brazil
    First Goalscorer Daniel Alves 20/1

Holland v Brazil
    Anytime Goalscorer Daniel Alves 13/2

Holland v Brazil
    First Carded Player Felipe Melo 9/1

Brazil/Uruguay Double @ 3/1

• Advertisement
Advertisement