Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holland vs Brazil

13»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

x PyRo wrote: »
    Holland will beat them.

They're a massive price, I've a nice lump on @ 16/5 on them to win in 90 minutes.
    I've got a good chunk on Holland to win in normal time, Even more on them to qualify by any means. Should be a good game regardless.

'Mon Holland.

Weeehoo! Walking on air at the moment. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Weeehoo! Walking on air at the moment. :D
    Well done Pyro, that was a great bet! Now hopefully they can go all the way!

Verance wrote: »
    Well done Pyro, that was a great bet! Now hopefully they can go all the way!

If they do I'll get a heart attack from excitement! I never usually do long term bets (1 month is long enough for me!) I'd expect them to reach the final at least now, I hope to hell they do. Finally have a team with more guts and determination than they usually have. Pity RVP is playing so badly, Stunning how well they've done without him playing well.

jimmybob wrote: »
    What an absolutely disgusting display of diving and dirty football from the Dutch. Disgraceful. The Brazilians at least upheld the "beautiful game". If you have to cheat so much to get in the semi-finals, it's pathetic.
    The brazilians upheld the beautiful game????? They got their goal and tried to hold on but couldn't. Once the dutch equalised they lost all discipline. Did you not see Maicon diving all over the place? Decided not to notice Robben being kicked and stamped on all over the park? Best team went through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

If they do I'll get a heart attack from excitement! I never usually do long term bets (1 month is long enough for me!) I'd expect them to reach the final at least now, I hope to hell they do. Finally have a team with more guts and determination than they usually have. Pity RVP is playing so badly, Stunning how well they've done without him playing well.
    Brillaint bets pyro nice to see you winning a lot :)

Did ya back them outright as well? I got 14s pre tournament, hopefully we'll get a final for it anyway. Backed Huntelaar for top scorer too at 200s, not looking the best.. Think he'd be better than RVP though tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

i backed them outright too haha come on holland

Did ya back them outright as well? I got 14s pre tournament, hopefully we'll get a final for it anyway. Backed Huntelaar for top scorer too at 200s, not looking the best.. Think he'd be better than RVP though tbh.

I did surely, Only got 10's. Posted it in some other thread I just bumped recently. :D Also have a nice few quid on a Holland/Spain final and more on Holland/Germany.

RVP can't play as a lone striker, That's why he's so poor. Him and Huntelaar should be upfront together and drop Kuyt, Play Snjeider on the left and they'd be sorted but the coach is very defensive and doesn't want to take risks, They'll go all the way though. :D

€50 on Spain Brazil final at 10/1
    €360 on the same on betfair at 7.6 ish
    and the €100 double on Brazil to win in 90mins and Uruguay to qualify

ah well, was full sure Brazil would make it to the final.

Fair play to anyone who fancied Holland and backed them, great value landed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

What an absolutely disgusting display of diving and dirty football from the Dutch. Disgraceful. The Brazilians at least upheld the "beautiful game". If you have to cheat so much to get in the semi-finals, it's pathetic.

Yep... really beautiful

robben-foul.jpg__16848103__MBQF-1278085463,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

• Advertisement

The "beautiful shame" maybe. They done nothing beautiful tonight. Physically dominated by the battle hardy team. Brazil commited 21 fouls to Hollands 18 just incase you're wondering who "dirty" the Dutch really were. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dasdog

The "beautiful shame" maybe. They done nothing beautiful tonight. Physically dominated by the battle hardy team. Brazil commited 21 fouls to Hollands 18 just incase you're wondering who "dirty" the Dutch really were. ;)

They were the only team so far not afraid of their counter attacking opponents (forget the Portugal match which was a debacle). I was tempted to back the Dutch but I bottled it. Delighted for Holland and equally delighted to see Brazil sent packing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭hawaii501

I did surely, Only got 10's. Posted it in some other thread I just bumped recently. :D Also have a nice few quid on a Holland/Spain final and more on Holland/Germany.

RVP can't play as a lone striker, That's why he's so poor. Him and Huntelaar should be upfront together and drop Kuyt, Play Snjeider on the left and they'd be sorted but the coach is very defensive and doesn't want to take risks, They'll go all the way though. :D

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this. Huntelaar should not be playing they have great balance in their team now and moving Sneijder to left will only ruin their chances as the position he is playing in now is his most effective. Kuyt was very good today too even though I'm not his biggest fan, he has been pretty good so far in the tournament so I would not drop him for Huntelaar who doesn't even start for a poor AC Milan team.

ha ha brill result!!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

inforfun wrote: »
    Yep... really beautiful

robben-foul.jpg__16848103__MBQF-1278085463,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg
    Deserves it and worse
    Hes at it week in and week out in no matter which club hes at hes divin all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

ICE HOUSE wrote: »
    Deserves it and worse
    Hes at it week in and week out in no matter which club hes at hes divin all over the place.

ice house get over yourself and stop,your wrong,if what your saying is deserving that a player should get what they deserve for diving then the whole lot of the players in the wc should line up and let "keano" give them a right studding...
    it happens everywhere and for you to single out one person over another just because you lost money is not right...

Players these days need to toughen up.
    Prancin about on the ground like fairys.
    Bring back the great days of hard tough strikers up against tough defenders. Gerry taggart and matt elliot would stand on someones head and theyd get up and get on with it

All you have to do is google "arjen robben diving" and see how many results you get

When you do that then tell me I cant single him out for diving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 obriensimo

Ha, I'm exactly the same.. After a series of bets pre WC I will collect 1100Euro if they can do it.. My 4 euro on Villa top g,s- holland to win double at 150 to 1 is looking good now... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

give the Dutch a break.
    They have always played beautiful football and have usually fell short.
    They've come to realise that "total football" or the "beautiful game" isn't enough to win titles. You have to "bend the rules"

I know it's not great for the sport but that's just the way it is.
    you want to win major titles you must resort to a little extra.

Advertisement