Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice wanted for tattoo behind the ear

• 29-06-2010 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi all :)
    Ive been considering for a long time getting my second tattoo......i have spent the last few weeks perfecting the image that i want there. Its not big.
    I rang the tattoo guy in bray this morning and he told me they dont recommend tattooing behind the ear and the lines can smudge with time etc and it can end up looking really crappy after a few years.......:(
    There is no where else on my body that i want to get this.
    Has anyone got a tattoo behind the ear...if so how is it holding up over time and who would you recommend to do it (in dublin)

Ta
    L x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The skin there isn't the best for holding the ink, and I've seen quite a few that end up quite blurry. So long as you pick a design that won't look too bad if the lines do blur a bit, then it may be ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

a lot of artists wont do over your neck unless you have some large pieces allready, i am inclinced to agree with this policy

celeb such as cheryl cole have a lot to ans for with girls getting there hands done at such a young age, i dont judge tattooed people but you can be judged in society, it may affect jobs etc

all i am saying is just have a think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

Dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I don't get what is so wrong with a tattoo there.. aslong as you have long enough hair you can cover it no problem and only show it when you want to! Also I wouldn't advise too intricate of a design as DamoElDiablo mentioned you should be just fine!

Advertisement