Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Prop Guns needed for cheap/free!

Options
  • 29-06-2010 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm shooting a low-budget movie over the next month and need some realistic-looking prop guns for some of the scenes. Airsoft guns seem to be ideal, but unfortunately are very expensive so I can't really afford to buy a load of them for the movie.

Is there anywhere that I might be able to borrow them from, or rent them cheaply? Or is there anywhere I might be able to pick up some faulty ones that no longer function but still look the part?

I mainly looking for revolvers and pistols, but will take anything I can get my hands on cheaply/for free!

I'd appreciate any help that you can give me, cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Some user's here might be willing to loan out their kit cheap/free, you could also try contact some retailers directly and ask if they had any broken kit they could loan you.

Whatever you do, make sure you have the proper permissions in place if you are doing any shooting in a public place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

if you do approach the retailers you could offer to have their name in the credits as a form of advertising

Advertisement