Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paraguay vs. Japan - 3pm - RTE2 and ITV1HD

124»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Know how it feels....

Can still remember that Mendieta penalty in 2002 where the ball hit a divet and went in.....

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Ragin was hoping Japan would get thru. But Paraguay will be taken apart by Spain or even Portugal. 2 or 3-0 in that qf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Thought Japan were going to nick it in the last few mins of extra time, tbh. Few decent looking attacks.

All the penos were very good, I thought, apart from the obvious one... But even his kick if it had been 6 inches lower would have been an unstoppable rocket into the roof of the net. Unfortunate for Japan.

Agree with Aidric's post... Can't see Paraguay reaching the semis, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Sayonara Japan!

Enjoy the bus journey home.

Jesus, that will be a long way home :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Goes to show that you can be a crap team and still make the quarter finals of the world cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

japan would've provided more entertaining football in the next round IMO, but you can't take anything away from Paraguay.

they'll be a tough, resolute enough prospect for Spain/Portugal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

_Bella_ wrote: »
    God you wouldnt know Honda was under pressure.. remind anyone of JTs peno

Reminded me of Yann Kermorgant's penalty...

I only caught the penalties...as bad as a game as Switzerland v Ukraine?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

I'm seriously peeved. Another South American team :mad:

Uruguay will probably beat Ghana now as well and that will be the end of the African teams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Spain/Portugal should easily beat Paraguay in the Quaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Gutted for Japan. They deserve it far more than paraguay.

• Advertisement

Dunphy convinced that Spain are in the Final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gutted for Japan. They deserve it far more than paraguay.

how?

i'm disappointed for Japan, and would have preferred them to get through.

but the Paraguay players held their nerve; they deserved to get to the quarters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

dolliemix wrote: »
    Dunphy convinced that Spain are in the Final!

Ya, fair enough they should beat Paraguay if they beat Portugal, but not so sure about Argentina/Germany.

Remember he does adds for betting on the radio, he could have been told to say that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nyaw, that's my sweepstake gone...

CorkMan wrote: »
    Ya, fair enough they should beat Paraguay if they beat Portugal, but not so sure about Argentina/Germany.

Remember he does adds for betting on the radio, he could have been told to say that.

I think (I hope) Argentina are through.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I've never seen so many wet Jap's eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I've never seen so many wet Jap's eyes.

Yea, last time was when Final Fantasy X didn't have enough copies on release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Goes to show that you can be a crap team and still make the quarter finals of the world cup

They are not a crap team. They have conceeded just 1 goal in 390 minutes of football in this World Cup. Just because they are not a big name doesnt mean they are "crap". If that Italian or French team had somehow managed to make the quarters you wouldnt be calling them "crap", simply becuase they are big names! Paraguay are there on merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Hope Spain or Portugal beat Paraguay without too much problems.

Poor representatives for quarter-finalists, though Japan were an even bigger disgrace today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,521 ✭✭✭✭noodler

04072511 wrote: »
    They are not a crap team. They have conceeded just 1 goal in 390 minutes of football in this World Cup. Just because they are not a big name doesnt mean they are "crap". If that Italian or French team had somehow managed to make the quarters you wouldnt be calling them "crap", simply becuase they are big names! Paraguay are there on merit.

People like to exaggerate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement