Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gaslight Anthem

Options
  • 29-06-2010 11:34am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Gaslight Anthem have announced two Irish dates this November playing Dublin’s Olympia Theatre on Sunday 21st and Belfast’s Mandela Hall on Monday 22nd. Tickets are on sale from 9am this Friday, 2nd June.

Tickets for the Olympia Theatre show are priced from €23.00 inclusive of booking fee.

AMERICAN SLANG debuted at #16 on the U.S Billboard Top 200 Albums Chart selling well over 26,000 units during its first week of release.

The album came in at #18 in the UK, #8 in Germany, #12 in Canada and #2 on the Dutch Alternative Charts.

Following the successful release of their critically acclaimed new album AMERICAN SLANG, New Jersey-based punk rock heroes, The Gaslight Anthem, are very proud to announce their next European tour.

The full list of dates are as follows:

October:

21st UK London, Hammersmith Apollo

22nd UK Southampton, Guildhall

23rd UK Bristol, Academy

24th UK Wolverhampton, Civic

26th GER Cologne, Live Music hall

27th GER Hamburg, Grosse Freiheit

28th SWE Malmö, KB

29th SWE Göteborg, Brewhouse

31st SWE Stockholm, Debaser Slussen

November:

2nd SF Helsinki, Tavastia

4th DK Copenhagen, Lille Vega

5th GER Berlin, Astra

6th GER Munich, Theaterfabrik

10th CH Zurich, Dynamo

11th GER Neu-Isenburg, Hugenothalle

12th NL Tilburg, 013

13th GER Wiessenhäuser strand, Rolling Stone Weekender

14th BEL Brussels, AB

16th UK Nottingham, Rock City

17th UK Leeds, O2 Academy

18th UK Newcastle, O2 Academy

19th UK Edinburgh, Picture House

20th UK Manchester Apollo

21st IRL Dublin, Olympia

22nd N.IRL Belfast, Mandela Hall

Cant wait i missed them at Oxegen last year so dying to see them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭SteM

The Gaslight Anthem have announced two Irish dates this November playing Dublin’s Olympia Theatre on Sunday 21st and Belfast’s Mandela Hall on Monday 22nd. Tickets are on sale from 9am this Friday, 2nd June.

Cool, should be a good one but I'm guessing this should read 2nd July?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

safe to say i'll be at both of these. absolutely ****ing delighted :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Brilliant!

Where would the best place to be in the Olympia for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Amazing, I really love these guys.

Saw them in the Brixton Accademy on Saturday, and I saw them in the Academy last year as well.

they really give it everything in their live shows.

this blog has some very interesting accoustic versions of the album tracks, and the cover of Antonia JAne is amazing.

http://www.fuelfriendsblog.com/2010/05/19/he-found-the-bandages-inside-the-pen-and-the-stitches-on-the-radio/

Well worth checking out the cover of "Backstreets" on youtube as well.

(Easy to tell I love 'em eh?)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Love it!!

Wished I seen this thread earlier, was looking at thier fbook updates waiting for Dublin to appear.

Seen so many live vids on Youtube. UNREAL!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Tiddlers

Thought they were brilliant at Oxegen last year. They sound great on their albums but they are much stronger live. They put on an excellent show and really appreciate their fans which is always a benefit to a band I think. Should be good in the Olympia too!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭mark182

Im happier reading/hearing this then i was finishing the leaving cert :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

hynesie08 wrote: »
    safe to say i'll be at both of these. absolutely ****ing delighted :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    what he said

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Can't Wait,

I Seen them in Birmingham last week, Excellent Live!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Looking forward to this, missed them at Oxegen last year after I partied a bit too much on the Friday night, again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Woooop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

i cant wait i'm a massive fan of their stuff.

will there be a support act i wonder or will they bust out a springsteen esque epic show?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Got tickets for the Olympia but now have to go to Ticketmaster to get tickets for the Belfast show...f*cking ridiculous.

Just wondering has anyone here been to any gigs in Mandela hall? If so what is it like, easy to get to, safe and is there any parking? Being in the University I assume there is but just want to make sure.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Got my tickets there, looking forward to this already!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got 2 tickets first thing this morning cant wait. At Oxegen last year i missed them so i told my friend that he must go see them so he went not knowing any songs and came home with a GA t shirt and bought the 59 Sound days later and now he is gonna try catch them over in Boston when they play.

Is Belfast really 26 pounds? I'm still gonna pay it but seems a bit weird that it's more expensive than Dublin and London.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

standing tickets still on sale for dublin

thought i'd post this here, fun idea and good song too http://sideonedummy.com/american_slang/ Boxer - Acoustic free..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Got tickets for the Olympia but now have to go to Ticketmaster to get tickets for the Belfast show...f*cking ridiculous.

Just wondering has anyone here been to any gigs in Mandela hall? If so what is it like, easy to get to, safe and is there any parking? Being in the University I assume there is but just want to make sure.

Thanks

I was there for Tegan and Sara a few weeks ago, it's downstairs at the Student Union. It is safe, there's free parking on the road right beside it

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

It looks like Chuck Ragan is supporting on this tour. :cool:

Hopefully be one more act to be announced; based on previous (and present) TGA tours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Can't wait for this. Saw them at Rock Werchter a month ago and will see them at Leeds in a few weeks. I was tempted to go see them in Belfast as well but Gogol Bordello are playing Dublin that night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great live, considering going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

It looks like Chuck Ragan is supporting on this tour. :cool:

That would be brilliant. Where did ye hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Dinner wrote: »
    That would be brilliant. Where did ye hear that?

That's a secret. :P

Anyway, the FB event page got updated this morning. Chuck Ragan and Sharks as support.

Never heard of the support acts. Are they any good?

The Gaslight Anthem will be joined on their November tour by Chuck Ragan and Sharks.

Just heard CR song "The Boat" and F'n love it

Watched them absolutely kill it at reading this weekend, decided i couldn't wait till November so booked my ticket for London in October. must check out chuck ragan.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭rhythm90

Excellent! Saw them last year in The Academy when they were touring The 59 Sound release.

Slowly getting into American Slang ... my least favourite release so far if I'm to be honest, but a few cool tunes. But for €23, a great live band, really good vibes, and full of energy and grit..

Was also a bit too drunk at last years gig so woke up not remembering too much... Wont be doing that this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Bloody tics are sold out! :(

• Advertisement

Duff wrote: »
    Bloody tics are sold out! :(

If your actually in dundalk, why not hit up belfast instead? I know a monday is a more awkward day and all but being the last night of the tour i expect a great atmosphere.

Advertisement