Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile mechanics D6W??

• 29-06-2010 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have a new (new to me anyway) car that needs a few small things done, but I'm only on a provisional license and there is no way I can drive it anywhere. I could probably get someone to bring it somewhere on a Saturday, but I reckon that's the busiest day of the week so a weekday would be better.

Does anyone know of any mechanics who would come get the car, take it off and fix it? Someone reputable who won't take the piss and rip me off because I'm a girl!!
    It's on the road so it's probably not an option to fix it outside my house.

Any suggestions welcome!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Whats exactly wrong with your car, you'll probably get a better idea
    of the cost then. Also whats make/model too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 goldendelicious

It's a 98 ford ka, there's a problem with the exhaust, I think it needs a new back box (it sounds like a boy racer's car) and the handles need to be fixed (they don't open from the outside!), &it needs a new side mirror. Plus a little chip in the windscreen.
    I think that's it, I got it from a friend who emigrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Not major problems. back box could be replaced by the likes of
    Fastfit €80 or there abouts.

Don't let them sell you any thing else, the mad for selling people tyres
    when you don't need them.

As for the mirror, Halford or your nearest Motorfactors €10 tops

Small chip in the window, some insurance complanies repair them for free
    also a kit for halfords is available.

Door handles probably loose part inside the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 goldendelicious

Cool thanks for that

Advertisement