Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for family car

• 29-06-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭

Any one got good recommendations for a fmaily car. Looking for something that is value for money.

Currently looking at the Nissan Qashqie. Any opinions on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

what budget, mileage, usage etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

The Qashqie is brand new, no milage on it.

Our budget is around 27000 grand. Either looking for a good second 09/10(demo) with low mileage or a new car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

The Qashqie is brand new, no milage on it.

Our budget is around 27000 grand. Either looking for a good second 09/10(demo) with low mileage or a new car!

Octavia vRS FTW :D

vectra wrote: »
    Octavia vRS FTW :D
    damn - beaten to it!

On a serious note, While I amnt a huge fan of the Qasqai, you cant go too far wrong with the japanese cars. Certainly a better option than say a Renault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Max Power1 wrote: »

On a serious note, While I amnt a huge fan of the Qasqai, you cant go too far wrong with the japanese cars. Certainly a better option than say a Renault.

Thats actually quite funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,702 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

On the Skoda note - €27,000 and hard bargaining should get you a new Superb 2.0Tdi 140 Ambition, which is more car than most people will ever need.

Might even get you a demo Elegance model.

The amount and ages etc of kids would be handy to know. It will make a difference. ie 4 kids automatically rules out a 5 seat car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Think if I needed a new smallish family motor at the moment I'd be down taking a look at a Skoda Yeti.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Thats actually quite funny.
    :confused:
    Which part? Japanese cars are famed for their reliability (except recent toyotas, on which you now get a 5 year warranty), whereas renaults (and most other french marques) are a pile of shite that depreciate quicker than they reach 60mph.

Which part? Japanese cars are famed for their reliability (except recent toyotas, on which you now get a 5 year warranty), whereas renaults (and most other french marques) are a pile of shite that depreciate quicker than they reach 60mph.

The part where you use Renault and Nissan as opposite poles when making your point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

The part where you use Renault and Nissan as opposite poles when making your point.

... as Nissan and Renault are the same company!

btw Quasqhai is a British car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Hmmm...maybe wiki search Nissan...

I got a laugh from that if i'm honest:D

Ah touché :o, I knew they did some of the engines on the newer micra's but I was unaware that they were linked other than that.

The depreciation comment still stands though.

Advertisement