Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDGE Subjects and TP Subjects

Options
  • 29-06-2010 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I am starting the PDGE in september. I am eligible to teach business and accountancy based on my degree. However, I have a higher diploma and a Masters in economics as well as having economics as part of my degree. Should i apply to the teaching council to recognise my eligibility to teach economics based upon my Higher diploma and masters? I would like to teach economics and have it as one of my PDGE subjects.

Also, my TP school would like me to teach economic as part of the PDGE. Can I teach economics for them before getting recognise by the teaching council for that subject or can I only teach the subjects that I have choosen for the PDGE which are recognised by the teaching council?

Thanks for any information.

Regards
    Brian
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

The official line is you can only teach what the t.c. tell you on the Dip. AND in schools. Unofficial is you can be asked on both to teach just about anything. In fairness it is changing and getting stricter but is taking a while. Did you check how many students sit each of your subjects? In order to make yourself as employable as possible I would say that is important.

Advertisement