Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newly Qualified unemployed- what are my options

Options
  • 29-06-2010 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I just recently sat the FAE repeats in May and await my results in July.

I am currently unemployed. I finished my training contract in April 2009, studied for 2009 FAE's from May to Sept (failed Auditing and Management Accounting).

Started a full time masters in Information Systems in Sept 2009 and will be finished it in August. It was tough going doing full time masters as well as repeating the 2 FAE exams, but it was probably easier doing it that way rather than repeating while still working. My masters grades are actually quite good (ave 70%).

So basically I am now wondering what my options are? I trained in a medium sized firm with mainly book keeping experience.I am completely flexible in terms or where I can work, however I don't want to be doing big 4 type hours as I love the outdoors and don't want to spend 14 hrs a day behind a desk.

I'm 27 now and feel experience is the key for he next few years of life, I want to return to accountancy ideally with some IT exposure and eventually with the hope building my career towards becoming a lecturer.

In an absolute ideal world I would like to work in the sports industry, but I know thats probably not possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Looks like you may be suited to being a Systems accountant.

That's where you're the Go To guy for the financial systems. You'd need to have experience in the likes of Oracle or SAP though.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭loveacca

Good luck with the results, I'm sure that if they go right for you opportunities will open up

Advertisement