Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New/Best PC

• 29-06-2010 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Hopefully you can help.

I am looking to get my Dad a new PC for the house and want to get him the best possible one. He is really into his computer now which is great but I really need to upgrade the one he has it's brutal.

Can anyone advise or recommend which would be the best, I was looking at the iMac??

Thanks all
    RG x

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

If it is just for regular home usage / browsing I would just get an inexpensive dual core Dell desktop TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭RadiantGirl

Hi Marco_Polo

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah thats basically what it would be for to be honest. Would Dell be the best for that?? What about HP??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Oh by all means I didn't nescessarly mean it had to be Dell, nothing wrong with a HP either. The main point I was making is that there is no need to spend any more that about 500-600 euros on a Home Desktop PC unless you have a very specific reason for needing more power. (Hardcore gaming, alot of HD video editing etc. )

Advertisement