Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straight Razors

Options
  • 29-06-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering do you know anywhere in the city or outside the city that sell straight razors and the proper equipment for shaving.. i.e. creams, brushes, soaps and cups for the soaps?

Thanks very much

Comments

Straight razors as in cut throats ? You don't want to use one of them to be honest I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

It's something i've wanted for a couple of years, i've used one myself a couple of times!

Why would you think its something i wouldn't want to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Check out www.shaving.ie if you want to order online, they're not to common in brick & mortar shops these days.

Shaving.ie usually get your order out to you on the next day. Enjoy!

Thanks Fajitas! Much appreciated!

Not in that much of a hurry so next day isn't that important! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Hennessy Hair & Beauty on Pembroke St do them.

• Advertisement

It's something i've wanted for a couple of years, i've used one myself a couple of times!

Why would you think its something i wouldn't want to use?

I was referring to cut throats, not safety razors, I did ask which one you meant by straight razor :)

RoverJames wrote: »
    I was referring to cut throats, not safety razors, I did ask which one you meant by straight razor :)

I'm referring to cut throats! So you were right to assume that!

Well it's all in the name really isn't it :D

Well it's all in the name really isn't it :D

Don't be so pessimistic you should try one they're very good! And very good if you enjoy shaving!

You still haven't answered my question as to why i wouldn't want to use it?

Straight razors as in cut throats ? You don't want to use one of them to be honest I reckon.

Why not, I've been using one for a few months now and only cut myself a few times. And by cut I mean tiny little nicks that you'd barely notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Don't be so pessimistic you should try one they're very good! And very good if you enjoy shaving!

Enjoy shaving?? Oh how I wish I did, it's just an inconvience for me I'm afraid :)
    Although perhaps using a razor called a cutthroat would add an element of danger and excitement :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Try T.W. Murry's on Pana, they stock all that kind of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've got a Solinjen straight blade, sharpening strop, and ash for sharpening if I want to shave with a single blade. Got it all in Poland, it's good, theraputic, but you'd want to give yourself a nice 20 mins to shave. And be good at it, otherwise you end up criss crossed in nicks.

Most days I either use a Mach5, or my Philips Arcitec - way easier, but sometimes that's the point!

babo9 wrote: »
    Enjoy shaving?? Oh how I wish I did, it's just an inconvience for me I'm afraid :)
    Although perhaps using a razor called a cutthroat would add an element of danger and excitement :P

Jesus i didn't ask what they are like did i? I asked where to get them, so maybe try reading the original question again!

I understand that they are not for you, but for a lot of people think shaving is quite therapeutic!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

Jesus i didn't ask what they are like did i? I asked where to get them, so maybe try reading the original question again!

I understand that they are not for you, but for a lot of people think shaving is quite therapeutic!

Sheesh..I ment nothing towards you!
    I read the question...it appears to have been answerd and I couldn't give better answers. I just made a comment on an indivdual post, about me not liking shaving and I wish I did! The second part was a joke and wasn't a gripe at the razor...didn't think I would have to spell that out!

For what it's worth, I would infact like to have a shave with a straight razor!

chillax dude :D
    it's only t'internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

...... I'm now imagining a macaque with a bottle of vodka in one hand and a cut-throat blade in the other, jumping up and down frantically and screaming bloody murder at the computer!!!! :pac:

Genuinely don't mean to insult you in anyway drunkymonkey, just think it's funny. Hope you find what you're looking for and you're happy with the find! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fairchild

there is a turkish grocer on mccurtain who does them- also check the turkish barber next door- they seem to have athing for those razors

Advertisement