Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ding!

Options
  • 29-06-2010 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

My board took a whack the other day, ding along the rail and caused a crack 2-3 inches long. Now I have some sun cure epoxy stuff and could use that (It wouldn't look the best) or could take it to a shaper.

How much would a shaper charge for a small crack in fibreglass, on average?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

A decent repair will probably cost €25 to €30. If you love your board and your are not 100% confident in your repairs, I would recommend bringing it to someone experienced. My own recommendation is Bill Keane just outside Lahinch (085 7141153)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

If it's on the tail or rail I would pay to get it repaired, if it's top or bottom I'd use sun cure... Though it'd depend on the damage

Hope it's not the fish :eek:

If I like the board I get glide to do it, always done a fantastic job

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

rodento wrote: »
    Hope it's not the fish :eek:

:(

Was thinking of taking it to glide but I'm never in cork. Unless he travels around the country repairing his boards... :)

I would be confident my own repair would work, but it certainly would not look good. I'll check out Bill, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

How is she working out for ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tonyfillony

glide fixed mine a year ago and did a top job, you can only see the repair when you really look for it

• Advertisement

rodento wrote: »
    How is she working out for ya :D

I beat her so badly she needs re-constructive surgery, I just hope she won't suffer long term and that I can take her out again. We have had some good times together. :D

A decent repair will probably cost €25 to €30. If you love your board and your are not 100% confident in your repairs, I would recommend bringing it to someone experienced. My own recommendation is Bill Keane just outside Lahinch (085 7141153)

Just got my board back good as new. Absolutely sound guy and does quality work. I cannot recommend him highly enough. :D

Advertisement