Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon RAW from Powershot G11 - Opening in Photoshop CS2

• 29-06-2010 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Normally use Photoshop for PP (have a Nikon D50). Got my hands on a Canon Powershot G11 and am shooting in RAW but I can't seem to get hold of the correct Plug-in to allow me open the RAW files via photoshop... Have tried several versions of the camera raw plugin.

Using Photoshop CS2.

Has anyone a similar config and got this to work?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

Yet another case of Adobe only supporting newer cameras with newer versions of its software. OP the only work around for you is to download the free DNG converter, convert your RAWs to DNG, and then CS2 will open them, otherwise upgrade to CS4 or 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

nilhg wrote: »
    Yet another case of Adobe only supporting newer cameras with newer versions of its software. OP the only work around for you is to download the free DNG converter, convert your RAWs to DNG, and then CS2 will open them, otherwise upgrade to CS4 or 5.

Thanks for that. Have downloaded the DNG convertor (v5.3) but it's complaining that there are no supported camera raw files in the specified folder (even though there are)...

Adobe don't seem to make these things easy!! Think I'll just use the software packaged with the camera to manipulate the raw files..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

paulocon wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Have downloaded the DNG convertor (v5.3) but it's complaining that there are no supported camera raw files in the specified folder (even though there are)...

Adobe don't seem to make these things easy!! Think I'll just use the software packaged with the camera to manipulate the raw files..

Gimp opens G11 .cr2 files without any problems, which must mean
    they are supported by dcraw and UFRaw. Maybe you can use one of
    them as a Photoshop plugin? If not, you can use UFRaw to convert to
    TIFF before editing with Photoshop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

paulocon wrote: »
    according to this, support for the G11 was added in 5.6, so 5.3 is too old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

DNG convertor 6.1 should do the trick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement