Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Weller @ Sea Sessions

Options
  • 29-06-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Anybody got a setlist for that night?
    I got this from another website but I'm sure he played Wake up The Nation?
    Anything else that was missed?

Trees
    From The Floorboards Up
    Sea Spray
    Come On/Let’s Go
    Shout To the Top!
    You Do Something To Me
    Start!
    Wild Wood
    That’s Entertainment
    Broken Stones

A Town Called Malice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Was he any use? I was in the smaller tent with the Frank and Walters.
    Great gig btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 bobby boots

The sound in the big tent was brutal, unless you were standing at the very back or outside, and that went for any act that played there.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

Paul Weller was great. But yes the sound was bad. It was much better than Friday night where it was virtually unlistenable. I couldn't hear a thing Huey from the Fun Loving Criminals was saying.

Weller had to go off stage twice due to technical difficulties which was embarrassing. I'm sure he was pissed off but in fairness to him he apologised about it.

Does anybody know who the sound engineers were? Were they proper professionals because the sound was so bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The sound was bad the following day too for Cathy Daveys set too, she put on a great show but the vocal microphone was really bad at the middle of the tent, someone elses observation that it sounded better outside the tent was true. I got blasted by another boardie yesterday for my short review of the fest even though I only criticised the amplification in the main tent. I loved the festival too, I glad to see other people noticed the bad amplification in the main tent.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66647183&postcount=15

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

Trees
    From The Floorboards Up
    Sea Spray
    Come On/Let’s Go
    Shout To the Top!
    You Do Something To Me
    Start!
    Wild Wood
    That’s Entertainment
    Broken Stones

A Town Called Malice

I love Paul Weller and was hoping to go but couldn't make it, but that seems like a pretty small set. Was he not a headliner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

fluke wrote: »
    I love Paul Weller and was hoping to go but couldn't make it, but that seems like a pretty small set. Was he not a headliner?

There were two power failures during the set, one lasted about 5 minutes, the gap that is and the second one was about nearly 10 mins, so that probably explains the shorter set, so possibly 3 or 4 songs shorter than was possible.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Weller had to go off stage twice due to technical difficulties which was embarrassing. I'm sure he was pissed off but in fairness to him he apologised about it.

Failing generators I think. Director were playing in the small tent and must have lost power 5 times. Poor lads we're gutted about it and claimed "Our drummer only has so many drum solos"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭chilloutman

In fairness the old modfather was pretty damn good in my eyes, slick old dude still!

Paul Weller was great and the coolest 50 year old I've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

It was pretty good apart from the power failures and some young lads harping on about how **** he was. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

It was pretty good apart from the power failures and some young lads harping on about how **** he was. :rolleyes:
    What? That's sacrilegious!

Unfortunately some drunk idiot was in front of me and he had more interest in texting a girl that was right beside him. I swear to God he spent the entire time doing that. If you're going to do that, DON'T stand up near the front, please.
    But behind me there was proper fans singing along to his songs and saying he was a legend.

Advertisement