Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baby food storage

• 29-06-2010 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Does anybody find those annabel karmel baby food freezer :mad:trays impossible to use? I froze a batch of fruit in them but its a nightmare to squeeze them out for defrosting!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

They are a total pain. Good for portion sizes but a nightmare to get the stuff out of. I get a knife and try and use that to dislodge them from the sides and then push up from the bottom. Seems to work but have cut the plastic on occasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Martina05

I'm just going to throw them out before I cut the hand off myself trying to loosen the food with a knife. I got new ones in Symths, way better & cheaper, they go straight to microwave from freezer so sorted.Definitely expected better things from Annabel Karmel though:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I got some in Tesco. They are individual tubs with lids which then sit in a tray. They go straight in the microwave too and are dishwasher safe! :D

definitely will have another look for those, everytime I try Tesco they're out of stock so they must be good. Are they expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I think they were about 4/5 euro, and worth every cent!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Those things are a joke, a great idea, but a pain in practice. It's a man's job to pop them out unaided. I know, I always get landed with it ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ah feck! That's what I've bought. I wonder should I return them? Still in their packets.

Send 'em back!!!!!!!!! The ones in Smyths are a dream in comparison, just stick them in the microwave from the freezer, defrost & heat. They're dishwasher safe too, wish I'd known about them before I shelled out nearly €30 for the others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I got one's in my local chemist with the brand name 'vital baby', they have a soft bottom that pushes up to dislodge the frozen food.
    V handy :) I think they were €6 for 4 of them.

Here's them on their own website;

http://www.vitalbaby.co.uk/types/bowls/8-press-n-poptm-mini-freezer-pots.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I love annabel Karmel's books but her products are useless I bought her baby food grinder whick is meant to take the skin off peas etc....it does feckin not! I seen those food trays alright but stopped myself from buyin them

• Advertisement
Advertisement