Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is computeruniverse.net reputable?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

I'm thinking of buying parts for my computer there next week; and I'm wondering what are they like? How long would it take to deliver to Ireland? Are they trustworthy? Is much VAT added onto Irish orders at checkout? (I changed the country to deliver to to Ireland, but VAT is still 19%; is this supposed to be higher?)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

earwax_man wrote: »
    I'm thinking of buying parts for my computer there next week; and I'm wondering what are they like? How long would it take to deliver to Ireland? Are they trustworthy? Is much VAT added onto Irish orders at checkout? (I changed the country to deliver to to Ireland, but VAT is still 19%; is this supposed to be higher?)

Don't know anything about that particular company, however to answer the second part a company only has to register for Irish Vat rate once they export more than a certain value of goods into the country every year.

I believe the current threshold is €10,000 worth of goods or more per year for a supplier. It may be that they are below this threshold figure (or perhaps they just add it on later in the checkout process).

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

I've used computeruniverse a number of times over the last few years with no problems. Just got a bunch of components including a case about two weeks ago in fact. Once you select the destination country and delivery method the final price is the final price in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Zith wrote: »
    I've used computeruniverse a number of times over the last few years with no problems. Just got a bunch of components including a case about two weeks ago in fact. Once you select the destination country and delivery method the final price is the final price in my experience.

Hmm... Did it take long to deliver? Does everything come in separate packages, or just 1 big one? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Zith

earwax_man wrote: »
    Hmm... Did it take long to deliver? Does everything come in separate packages, or just 1 big one? :P

It came in one big box. Had an An Post tracking number. Took about 4 days after the dispatched email came. I live in the sticks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

All the stuff came from both ebuyer today, and hopefully and computeruniverse within 2/3 days :D

TEEHEE

• Advertisement
Advertisement