Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balzac or Peploe's

Options
  • 29-06-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Table for four, early evening on Friday. Where's best for a summer dinner - Balzac or Peploe's. Have eaten in neither so I'm open to suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I vote for Peploes every time, but I haven't been in Balzac in a few years,
    so I'm not being negative about it, just not sure what it is like at the moment.

Not so sure that the season has anything to do with it. Peploes is
    a basement and Balzac is a very large room, with no frontage but I'm pretty sure it has little or no natural light, so neither will feel very "summery" if this is
    what you are getting at.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I was in the Balzac last friday night. I had the duck and it was dry, probably kept in heat to keep it warm.
    I've been there before and think that the food was better the last time.
    Wine list not great.

If you were to ask me where a good place to go for €25 x 3 courses, I'd pick Hugo's on Stephens Green hands down.
    Great wine list.

Never been to Peploes.

Advertisement