Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Kevin's Hospital

Options
  • 29-06-2010 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi can anyone help me with directions to St. Kevin's hospital in Sunday's Well. Coming from UCC Mardyke gym towards Sunday's Well do I go left along the Lee towards St. Anne's or up the hill on the right? And after that....?

Thanks I tried Google and it didn't work and I'm asking here cos I'm really interested in the sightings etc. at St Kevin's hospital so would love to check it out!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Just keep walking straigh on until you come to big black gates on the left hand side there is a little chapel inside the gates..Head up the big hill and you shoudl see the old building next to the new apartment building great place to have a look around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Afaik there was a big fire there only a couple of weeks ago so I don't know if there's much left to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

I love this building! I think maybe last year I had a minor obsession with it(Yes I'm crazy, I know!:p)

There is another was you can go too. If you drive up to St. Annes(Our Ladies.) If you walk down past the derelict part, you come to a gate, go though that and there is a path. Follow that and and then you'll come to another gate(As far as I can remember.) Go throught that and then you should see the building ahead of you. :D

Afaik there was a big fire there only a couple of weeks ago so I don't know if there's much left to see!

Uhh I didnt hear of another fire up there.>What a shame haha tis probably the council doing it themselfs so they can clear the site...

Beautiful building shame to see it decaying...On the note does anyone know how you can get close up to the Good Shepard I have always wanted to walk around there see the statue dedicated to the little girl but cant figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

I have here the link to a great site - it has photos of many of the buildings you have mentioned. I have linked it to "Nellie of Holy God"

http://www.abandonedireland.com/mc_nellie.html

• Advertisement

Tis a great site alrite I have come across it a few times...again a shame to see these great buildings go to waste

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

St. Kevins is completely blocked now since the fire recently but you can still walk around it. The Good Shephard has a big scary sign outside it so it's probably Illegal to go on the grounds (?). Would love to see it though.

When was there a fire in there? It might seem all blocked up but there's always a way to get in.....:p
    Also I agree with Milly33, it is a shame to see it decaying! It would make a massive hotel! I know it would cost millions but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

StereoLove wrote: »
    When was there a fire in there? It might seem all blocked up but there's always a way to get in.....:p
    Also I agree with Milly33, it is a shame to see it decaying! It would make a massive hotel! I know it would cost millions but still...

that would be one scary hotel id say...

Thats how they would make lots of mula from it..Advertise it as a hotel with a differance..It can run like any regular hotel with all the history attached offer the client a little more than just a reg hotel (nothing naughty) spooky nights and all that...If only I had millions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Milly33 wrote: »
    Uhh I didnt hear of another fire up there.>What a shame haha tis probably the council doing it themselfs so they can clear the site...

Beautiful building shame to see it decaying...On the note does anyone know how you can get close up to the Good Shepard I have always wanted to walk around there see the statue dedicated to the little girl but cant figure it out

I just climbed over the gate.... :D Got some nice shots walking about there though... Must go back to see if I can get a few more, didn't do half the place. I'm not advising going in though as the structures extremely unstable.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-blonde/sets/72157624494300500/

You managed to find nellies grave..Some nice snaps thanks for the link..It wouldn make you want to cry looking at the way it is being left to ruin.. Hoped over the gate then mmm we shall have to take a wonder up and see if we could manage it.Took a trip up a while ago but couldnt figure it out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Milly33 wrote: »
    You managed to find nellies grave..Some nice snaps thanks for the link..It wouldn make you want to cry looking at the way it is being left to ruin.. Hoped over the gate then mmm we shall have to take a wonder up and see if we could manage it.Took a trip up a while ago but couldnt figure it out..

I'd never actually heard of nelly until I arrived but someone there told me that It was nelly's grave. T'was a bit surreal.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I just climbed over the gate.... :D Got some nice shots walking about there though... Must go back to see if I can get a few more, didn't do half the place. I'm not advising going in though as the structures extremely unstable.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr-blonde/sets/72157624494300500/
    Where is this Good Shepard place? I am only aware of St. Kevins and St. Annes/Our Ladies

Advertisement