Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help and advice- web devlopment

Options
  • 29-06-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I want to create a site where a person can register with my site and submit a design project, Logo, poster, website etc.

Then the community can upload their pitch for the job.

Now, when they upload only the up loader and the project client can see the image, so if 20 members upload to that project then the project client can see the 20 images, but the up loader can only see his/hers.

In the site there will also be a forums for the members and project clients.
    It will need social networking and a CMS.

there will be no money crossing hands on site between project member and member.

An example site would be http://99designs.com

But not as big, once it can work the same way with maybe 5 projects limet at a time.

So my question is, How much would something like this cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lostinspace

FYI

http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1277977518.shtml?hl=99designs.com

I'm not advocating scriptlance.com. I've never used them but you get the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

FYI

http://www.scriptlance.com/projects/1277977518.shtml?hl=99designs.com

I'm not advocating scriptlance.com. I've never used them but you get the idea.

The bids down the bottom look an awful lot more realistic than the ones at the top.

I love how the project submitter phrases this:
    I want an exact clone of it, just all functionality. I also want you to design (like designs, do not to breach the copyright) the site with same layout

It must have its own unique look.

Please go through 99designs.com and learn how contest are being held and what is required of you.

Give me a good admin panel too.

I really want the functionality to work right

Just... wow!

oldat31: that's pretty much exactly how NOT to write the spec :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭oldat31

Trojan wrote: »
    The bids down the bottom look an awful lot more realistic than the ones at the top.

I love how the project submitter phrases this:

Just... wow!

oldat31: that's pretty much exactly how NOT to write the spec :)

Dude i actully hate spec site.

Most of the people bidding are kids that have no clue what they are doing, and tbh, if the guy with that add takes the first 4-5 bids, he'l end up with ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

oldat31 wrote: »
    Dude i actully hate spec site.

Most of the people bidding are kids that have no clue what they are doing, and tbh, if the guy with that add takes the first 4-5 bids, he'l end up with ****.

Yet you're asking how to go about developing a spec site?

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    Yet you're asking how to go about developing a spec site?
    Read my post...
    there will be no money crossing hands on site between project member and member.

No payment no spec.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

I think you need to understand what speculative work means, what your proposing is exactly a spec work site, you cite 99designs as an example

Pixelcraft wrote: »
    I think you need to understand what speculative work means, what your proposing is exactly a spec work site, you cite 99designs as an example

Yes, im not going to go into the full workings of how i want the site, but its the functions of that site that i want, not how they use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

agtsindia $180 5 days

RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!

Placebo wrote: »
    agtsindia $180 5 days

RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!

Yep. thats why i hate spec work. You get wat you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I think you guys are using different meanings for the term "spec" here...

• Advertisement

Trojan wrote: »
    I think you guys are using different meanings for the term "spec" here...

Ok the 99 type of spec work is what i dont like.

Getting people to do the work in the hope they win.

I.E. A guy wants a logo for $100, so 100 people go off and do the job. But then the host of the spec comes back and pics 1...... Thats the sort i hate.

Advertisement