Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone signal poor in Meath

Options
  • 29-06-2010 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

I have 2 Vodafone mobile phones and I have noticed over the last few days that the signal has become very poor where I live in Trim, Meath, most of the time there is no signal at all - has anyone else noticed this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭R3al

Just to follow up, I spoke to vodafone tech support and they say the 3G signal is down in trim area at the moment, they suggest changing the network type on the phone to 2G for the time being so you get a signal

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Having a lot of problems with my mobile phone in Trim the past few days. Getting a signal but can't make or receive calls from time to time. Trying to call a number just results in a time out. Phone battery life reduced as phone seems to constantly be polling the network.

Going elsewhere i.e. to a different cell and the phone works fine. Am on Vodafone pre-pay.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

R3al wrote: »
    Just to follow up, I spoke to vodafone tech support and they say the 3G signal is down in trim area at the moment, they suggest changing the network type on the phone to 2G for the time being so you get a signal

Tried this and it seems to work. Switched my network type from GSM and 3G to GSM only. Of course, I now don't have 3G services but at least I can use the phone around Trim again. Wonder how long it will be down for?

Further to this, I called into Vodafone in Trim today. The 3G network is STILL down. The lady said it had been fixed last week but is down again. Will probably be down until next week. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

i only have basis phone not even 0G not ot mentions 2 or 3G and I having probs to. Not the first time either :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement