Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Injured wild bird out my back.

Options
  • 29-06-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi when i was having breakfast this morning i noticed a bird jumping around the back. He couldnt fly just hop, so i put a saucer of water out for him. Came back two hours later still there, so i caught him (As a cat would normally be around) put him in a box in the shade on a bed of grass with some water.

Just wondering what i should do with him now, it appears one wing is damaged. Thanks

ps im located near dublin airport

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Give Joseph Walsh a call, he runs a Wild Life sanctuary not far from you on Griffith Ave, I'm sure he'll take it in no problem.

His number is 837 1546

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

MaeveD wrote: »
    Give Joseph Walsh a call, he runs a Wild Life sanctuary not far from you on Griffith Ave, I'm sure he'll take it in no problem.

His number is 837 1546

Is that the chap at the bottom of charlemount?

Thanks maeve, got him first time said drop the little fella down whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

Sorry, only saw your post now.... yep, the cottage on the left as you go in.

I left a pigeon in with him a few months ago - it landed in my Mums back garden, he even didn't mind when I rang to see how it was doing :)

I dropped him in no problem earlier on, it turned out that it was a thrush.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Any word on how it is doing?

Advertisement