Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice places to live in Cork!

Options
  • 29-06-2010 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi all,

Considering relocating to Cork with the OH. We are flexible as to where exactly, but I don't know much about Cork City or the surrounding areas in terms of where is nice to live. We'd be looking for somewhere maybe within 10-15 mins of the city on a bus, relatively peaceful but not dead quiet - we currently live in Maynooth which has a young population and good social scene which we're used to and we enjoy. Any help much appreciated! Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I know someone who lives in Glanmire, a suburb of cork and its very nice indeed down there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 silverfish1968

I need to go to Cork for work for about three weeks in late July. Looking for a nice but cheap hotel or bed and breakfast. I have been there a couple of times and everywhere is nice but pricey. Does anyone know if it is easy to get a short term apartment?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Either the city centre or I like Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Most of the student self catering accom. is available on a weekly basis for short term guests €50/€60 per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

maybe ballincollig or carrigaline

• Advertisement

Might be worth having a look at midleton, its a little further out, 20 to 25 by bus, but also has train to city centre, and pretty much everything you need in the town, decent pubs, cinema, shopping centres, gyms etc etc.

Advertisement