Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for new GF

Options
  • 29-06-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi there Guys,
    Quick question for the ladies of boards. Ive been going out with a girl only the last few weeks and its her birthday next week and im lost as to what to get her. It was my birthday last week and she got me tickets to see dara o briain, which is brilliant as i love him!

I dont know what to get her though, any suggestions? I dont want to spend too much incase she thinks im outdoing her or whatever but I dont care how much it is really...

Helppp!!

Neil

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Not a ladies lounge thread as stated in the charter. Moved.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Wibbs wrote: »
    Not a ladies lounge thread as stated in the charter. Moved.

wow didnt even know this existed! thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

a ticket to dara o briain! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Here's the thing about presents, it really is the thought that counts, and none of us know her better than you do. I mean the best present I ever got was a card my boyf made for me for Valentines; it was the sentiment of it that meant the world to me, more than any present ever has.

What's she in to? What music does she like? Is she a girly kinda girl? Is there anything she's ever mentioned that she'd love to get but can't afford or can't find?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

G86 wrote: »
    Here's the thing about presents, it really is the thought that counts, and none of us know her better than you do. I mean the best present I ever got was a card my boyf made for me for Valentines; it was the sentiment of it that meant the world to me, more than any present ever has.

What's she in to? What music does she like? Is she a girly kinda girl? Is there anything she's ever mentioned that she'd love to get but can't afford or can't find?

shes into running a fair bit, and suppose shes a girly kinda girl. Nothing coming to mind of anything she said she would love but couldnt get :)

Maybe a weekend away or something.. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

neil_hosey wrote: »

Maybe a weekend away or something.. :confused:

Ohhhhh no!!!
    A weekend away and you've only been with her a while, that's a bit...soon??
    Just the normal small stuff.
    Lush...you can NEVER go astray with Lush stuff, in my opinion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

I was in your situation a few years ago, I had an idea of some of her tastes and got her several small things, she was really happy with them... (can't remember exactly what I got now, it was ages back):o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Give her yr old exam notes.
    Nothing says personal like CSSE notes on matlab ! :):D

Advertisement