Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offensively bad covers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

While listening to Rolling Stones 'Satisfaction' yesterday on the radio the DJ informed us that this lady decided to 'revamp' it:

Britney Spears - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

While listening to Rolling Stones 'Satisfaction' yesterday on the radio the DJ informed us that this lady decided to 'revamp' it:

Britney Spears - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
    She also did an atrocious version of I Love Rock 'n' Roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Electric Six's cover of Radio Gaga was fairly rubbish along with the video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I actually do like Scissor Sisters version of Comfortably Numb. And I used like All Saints when I was a kid and I heard their version of "Under The Bridge" before I ever heard the original. So that to me is still an ok song (although I'd probably have hated it if I heard the original first.)

Got to agree with Annie Lennox "Shining Light" though - that was fairly atrocious.
    Also, as much as I love Smashing Pumpkins, I really did not like Billy Corgan's version of "Landslide". The Dixie Chicks also did a totally unnecessary version of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,052 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Alexandra Burke's cover of Hallelujah was one of the worst covers of all time. To make matters worse, it was on every "popular" radio station about three or four times a day. Absolutely awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I just listened to the first 10 seconds or so of the abomination that is Ronan Keating's cover of Fairytale of New York. Jesus Christ I think this thread should just be closed and that one declared the "winner" as there surely can't be anything as bad as that posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

hilliary duff singing my generation by the who still have nightmares about that one

phill collins- true colours

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Jesus, Madonna is hot in that American Pie video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

mudokon wrote: »
    The Clash's cover of Junior Murvin's Police & Thieves.

There's nothing wrong with that cover. The Clash rule!
    Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Electric Six's cover of Radio Gaga was fairly rubbish along with the video

They were forced to add a single to their album and, basically, were made to do the song against their wishes. It's hilariously and intentionally bad. So bad it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

<Ollie> wrote: »

That is the biggest pile of s*ite i've ever heard. Notice how he changed the lyrics too, obviously not to offend his leigon of housewives. Hate to break it to you ladies, he fcuks around on his missus and he's a sh*te singer!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

RichTea wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with that cover. The Clash rule!

I like The Clash too, this is a subjective topic though, there are probably people who like some of the other songs mentioned on here. It's all about personal taste.

<Ollie> wrote: »

Ok, I told myself I wouldn't listen to it. I should have taken that advice. :(
    That was just beyond awful.

Oh and I forgot about this monstrosity: I like the Cardigans, but why on earth they agreed to help Tom Jones butcher Talking Heads I will never understand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I actually do like Scissor Sisters version of Comfortably Numb. And I used like All Saints when I was a kid and I heard their version of "Under The Bridge" before I ever heard the original. So that to me is still an ok song (although I'd probably have hated it if I heard the original first.)

Got to agree with Annie Lennox "Shining Light" though - that was fairly atrocious.
    Also, as much as I love Smashing Pumpkins, I really did not like Billy Corgan's version of "Landslide". The Dixie Chicks also did a totally unnecessary version of it.

Aw wow! I always considered that to be a gem like their version of 'Dancing In The Moonlight'. Different Strokes i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Remember Six done a cover of After the Goldrush? No, then you're lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Everything ever done by "irish clubland"

*shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3TgTO1i0is&feature=related

*shudder*
    Somehow forgot about Irish Clubland, must have blocked it from my memory due to how painful it is.

I hereby categorically state that as far as my aesthetic preference is concerned, as well as all of my opinions regarding artistic integrity, innovation, production values and musicological and music-analytical concerns, the music that is associated with Irish Clubland is by far the absolute worst that I have ever had the complete displeasure of hearing.
    I don't feel that this is overstating the point either.

Aw wow! I always considered that to be a gem like their version of 'Dancing In The Moonlight'. Different Strokes i suppose.

I just don't think the song suits his voice at all. He sounds very nasally and whiney on it (I know his voice is kinda like that anyway, but it usually suits the song.) I suppose it's just because the original is so beautifully sung and Stevie Nicks has such a warm beautiful voice that Corgan's version just didn't appeal to me at all.
    Haven't actually heard their version of "Dancing In The Moonlight" yet. My favourite Pumpkins cover is James Iha singing "A Night Like This" by the Cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I just don't think the song suits his voice at all. He sounds very nasally and whiney on it (I know his voice is kinda like that anyway, but it usually suits the song.) I suppose it's just because the original is so beautifully sung and Stevie Nicks has such a warm beautiful voice that Corgan's version just didn't appeal to me at all.
    Haven't actually heard their version of "Dancing In The Moonlight" yet. My favourite Pumpkins cover is James Iha singing "A Night Like This" by the Cure.

I agree completely. Although i love the live version of Stay (Faraway, So Close) they did at one of the Bridge School benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Machine Head's version of The Police's Message In a Bottle is complete dirt. I've always enjoyed it when Metal bands but abit of heavy into classic Rcok tunes, but this one is just terrible.

• Advertisement

deathrider wrote: »
    Machine Head's version of The Police's Message In a Bottle is complete dirt. I've always enjoyed it when Metal bands but abit of heavy into classic Rcok tunes, but this one is just terrible.
    Ah now, I can't agree with that at all. I think they pulled it off quite well. It has the distinctive Machine Head sound and with the whole quiet to loud dynamic manages to sound quite menacing.

I seem to recall it was done in one take so the sound maybe isn't the best and there are a few dodgy notes but to say that it's in the same league as Irish Clubland or Ronan Keating is very unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Yes I know its awful, but there's something I enjoy about this for some reason...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Any dickhead DJ who remixes songs with his "unce unce" sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Florence & The Machine - Why did you bother?

I really like that cover, but Florence also did a fairly atrocious over-singingy cover of Cold War Kids' 'Hospital Beds'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

*shudder*

Totally agree with you here. Worse than s****.

Here's bloody Jedward with another contender:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Malice_ wrote: »
    Here's bloody Jedward with another contender:
    Jaysus.... :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

had the displeasure of hearing her do a version of this last weekend at oxegen while standing in out of the rain.just brutal

Advertisement