Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left flabbergasted at Drogheda land break-in.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

They haven't gone too far, there's a load of caravans now on the old Europa Hotel site on the Dublin Rd. What's the bets they're the same lot?

And again, private property albeit unused.

There was a rumour going around (and I make no claim for the veracity or otherwise of the rumour, I'm only stating it existed) that that site was now owned by travellers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

There was a rumour going around (and I make no claim for the veracity or otherwise of the rumour, I'm only stating it existed) that that site was now owned by travellers.

Heard that myself, don't think I believe it though stranger things could happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

A person this afternoon welded a very long heavy bar now across the two gates so that it will act as a further deterrent besides the newer heavy chains replacing the cut ones.
    (The bar also indicates to me that nothing for the forseeable future is going to be done with the site which in itself is a shame. The whole area is crying out for a childrens play park alone!)

It won't stop anyone determained agin to get in but one can only try to do something...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Has to be a joke!
    Surely owning something static like land goes against everything the travellers stand for.
    Although at least it would give the courts somewhere to post the summons to.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bottomdog

these travellers were here at the time of Bellewstown Races last year, I wonder if there is some connection?

• Advertisement
Advertisement