Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road sweeping / cleaning

• 29-06-2010 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

I was wondering who has reponsibility for cleaning roads. Looking at the NRA website It has overall responsibility for the planning and supervision of construction and maintenance of national roads Does this include road sweeping to clear them of gravel, mud, etc? Only applies to N roads?
    What about motorways, R and L roads (perhaps county councils/UDC)?
    What about where national roads join motorways?
    Anyone know about how frequently they're supposed to clean the roads?

On a related maintenance note, I've seen a lot of roads where signs are obscured by trees, etc. (Who allows roundabouts to be used as landscape features???)

Are the same people responsible for repairs to roads after accidents?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I think this topic would be more for the infrastructure forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Councils are responsible for their own patches and I imagine the PPP contractors would be responsible for their bits.

Advertisement