Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Body and Mind Transformation

• 29-06-2010 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi I am going to put myself through a complete transformaton between now and Christmas, I have approx 6 months. I want lose approx 4.5 stone along side getting very fit and seriously toning up. I am also going to work on the psychological apect of myself also, improving my positive thinking, developing a less stressfull personality etc. I want to get more organised in my day to day life, not putting things on the long finger, keeping ahead of all bills, generally being more proactive.

Anyone who can give me the benefit of their own experiences will be most welcome. What motivates you, what keeps you going when the going gets tough etc. I need to work extremely hard on the exercise regime so will need advice on a tough but effective programme. I have a lot of work to do but would rather get on with it, get working hard.

I will not be joining a gym as I can't afford it but I have a good thread mill at home and hand weights plus a road bike. I have used all these in the past and they're great but I am just one of those people who needs to work to a plan that I know need to adhere to everyday. I need to be tough on myself. (I would do well in a boot camp invironment but I can't afford to do this)

Again with regards to losing weight. I have a good knowledge of whats good and whats to be avoided but again I need to have a good clear plan that will last more than two weeks.

I am very determined to acheive this. I don't smoke (gave up 12 years ago when my smoking (60/day) was getting totally out of hand.) It was very difficult at the time but nothing was going to stop me once I made up my mind.

I am also giving up alcohol completely as this is most definitely my downfall with regards to weight/mental health etc.

I have already started on the positive thinking outlook and do see a difference already - this may also have something to do with our lovely sunshine days.(Sun in its self transforms my thinking alone)

May if anyone else wanted to do the same as myself, we could support one another.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

Hey there,

I won't go on too much now, just wanted to say best of luck and I'll be looking in at you.

You are taking on a lot, but I admire your attitude, kind of trying to do something similar myself. Gave up the beer... On Monday :)

Restarted my log too so I'll be keeping an eye on yours now!

Great weather to start in, get on yer bike!

Advertisement