Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25.5 Series

• 29-06-2010 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭

Anyone doing these races? I am looking at Lanesborough as it lines up with my training... was the Portuma race on at the weekend? Don't see a report/results anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭a123

Results are up on runireland now in article column, bit slower than usual we had a hectic weekend:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Cheers, same sorta numbers expected for Lanesborough? Looks like a nice course.

There are about 70 entries so far with more I'm sure to come between now and then. Hopefully anyhow:D

Did the Lanesborough race today, fun atmosphere and luckily the rain held off. The bike course was not as flat as I had expected, but hilly but a couple of drags. Will stick a rcae report up later.

Waiting on splits before writing up a report. a123, any idea when splits will be up?

• Advertisement

Still waiting on them to come from timing co.
    I think they said they needed to go through the video for some of them, shouldn't be too long more hopefully

Splits now posted here

Preperation wasn't ideal for this race, had been away for a week leading up to it and came back a good 6pounds of pizza and pasta heavier.
    Hadn't been on my Tri bike for a week and made a foolish mistake, I changed my position slightly the night before.
    Arrived early enough on the morning and registered, down to the carpark and set my bike up. Cycled out the fist 4km of the new bike route and back, finding it hard to stay tucked.
    Down to transition and setup before going out for a short run with a few 30sec intervals at pace. After that it was time to get the wetsuit on and I watched the Kids and Try-a-tri race, the woman that swan, cycled and ran in her wetsuit might of had the right idea if the rain hadn't held off.

Swim

Walked up to the swim start and got in, no downstream current that I had hoped for. After a bit of placing the race was off, it was pretty chaotic for the first 200m or so until we got under the bridge. I found it very hard to get into a good rhythm, had to stop a couple of times to and pick a path to get around people. I am not loving my wetsuit at the moment, my shoulders feel very tight in it compared to the pool and by the time I passed the 400m marker they felt wrecked. I took a wide line back into transition, I hate seeing a single kayak beside me in a race as its a good indication I am well off course. Out of the water in 63rd place, poor enough swim even by my standards I felt.

T1

Not much to note here... helmet and sun glasses on and I got the wetsuit off my ankles easily enough.

Bike

Started to make up places straight away on the bike, but I was finding it very hard to stay tucked. I would say I spent at least 50% of the bike out of my aero bars, compared to all other races this year where I didn't need to get out of them for anything other than a turn around. Even so I made steady progress passing as I went. Met the leader about 8km into it followed by a stream off others, I counted each one including the group of 6/7 that were working well together :rolleyes: and was now in 33rd place. Turnaround came and I mad up another place just after, now in 32nd. With 3/4km to go I could see the group ahead, I tried to bridge it but with no luck... with a km to go I knew even if I bridged the gap I wouldn't stay out ahead of them... they are mine in the run I thought.

T2

Note much here either, throw the bike in helmet and glasses off and wasted too much time pulling my runners on.

Run

I went out quick enough on the run, glancing at the Garmin I see 3:45/km after about 500m... thats too fast I tell myself and slow it up a bit. Pass one guy straight off and see another ahead, I catch him and just as I do I notice somebody a little ahead of him, that pushed me on and I got both of them. Out of the forest and onto the road and there is a group of 3 runners ahead, I pick them off one by one before the turn around. At this stage I had pulled up a little bit and was cruising it continued like this until the 4km mark. HR was low to mid 170s and I said fvck it, I can push harder and if I blow up it doesn't matter. I picked up the pace for the last 1.3km and avg. pace was about 4min/km, HR was up in the 180s. Crossed the line and grabbed some water, after a little lie down I was fine.

Finished up 25th overall which was okay, main thing was I learned a few lessons... don't mess with bike position the night before and I can push harder on the run without blowing up. Woke up on Sunday with no after affects and did a nice recovery spin.

Advertisement