Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus One or iPhone??

Options
  • 29-06-2010 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi!

Hope it is the right place to post this. Well, I want to buy a new fon, like brand new, and I was thinking about iPod Apple. It costs like almost 400 Euro or so.But my friend told me about Nexus One (never heard about it before) so I did check it in the internet. I like this one as well but the price is bigger (like 300 Euro). I don't buy staff like that often, so I think I'll use this fon for a long time. I prefer to spend more money and buy a good product. Any Nexus One or Apple users that could help me?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, first off the Nexus One is a phone where an iPod is a music player. Which are you looking for? Do you mean an iPhone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Christoph

iPhone. See, I'm a rookie :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No problem. I've changed the name of the thread accordingly and I'm going to move it to the Mobiles & PDAs forum. We do have forums for Apple Media Devices and Android (which I suggest you take a look at and see which may be a better fit for you) but I am not going to move it to either of those because the opinion would be heavily opinionated towards their respective devices.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Here is one you might consider too:

phonek.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Biggins wrote: »
    Here is one you might consider too:

phonek.jpg

Easier to use, easier to pick up and go => iPhone 3GS

More customisable, better features, quicker => Nexus One

All depends whether you want a "minimal effort" phone or something you can make your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Easier to use, easier to pick up and go => iPhone 3GS

More customisable, better features, quicker => Nexus One

All depends whether you want a "minimal effort" phone or something you can make your own.

To be fair all of the HTC phone with Sense UI are pretty straight forward tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Check out a HTC Desire too. It's basically the same phone as the Nexus One but has a nicer user interface on the whole

Thanks 4 help guys, I'll check HTC desire too.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kuban-83

Hi Christoph

I'm using a NexusOne. I can recommend it. I didn't had any problems with it. It's very Handy. Maybe the Battery should hold a little longer, but anything else is just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

I've had a htc tattoo and now have an iPhone. If you are on for hassle free usage and don't want to get too technicially involved go for an iPhone. My htc was great but the iPhone is really nice and simples !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

HTC Desire its superior to the Nexus One. Its got much better hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Hogzy wrote: »
    HTC Desire its superior to the Nexus One. Its got much better hardware.

Much being the few more MB Ram for Sense UI? Or the lack of second microphone for noise cancellation?? :confused:

Much being the few more MB Ram for Sense UI? Or the lack of second microphone for noise cancellation?? :confused:

And the supplied 8gb card as opposed to 4gb with the Nexus One :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

* checks phone *

Damn!

Unless I've been had, it's a 4gb SD card as standard according to a quick google
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Matt Bauer

iPhone 4. If you can wait another month until it launches in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Matt Bauer wrote: »
    iPhone 4. If you can wait another month until it launches in Ireland.

Just don't plan on using it to make phone calls ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

4GB one in mine and 2 friends Desires! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Christoph wrote: »
    iPhone. See, I'm a rookie :P

Based on that comment I'd say go for the iPhone. If you were to compare them to cars then the iPhone is the automatic gearbox and the nexus is the manual version.

Well, I think I'll buy nexus. But it's like 650Euro or so...will see....

4GB one in mine and 2 friends Desires! :eek:

Weird. I got an 8gb in mine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I got a 4GB card as well...

Anyway get a Desire unless you like paying hundreds of euro to find out that Apple control what you can and can't do with your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 kuban-83

Well, I think I'll buy nexus. But it's like 650Euro or so...will see....

Or less :) If you think Nexus is ok for you check this: http://www.special-offer.ie/index.php/promotion/view/11.html . As you will see special offer will end in 2 weeks so think about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can get three or more Nokia 5800 for the price of an iPhone/Nexus.
    WiFi, GPS with voice and free maps, 8GB memory card with phone.

biko wrote: »

So what?

You can buy 4 second hand ford focuses for the price of a BMW 3series.

biko wrote: »
    The 5800 is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The 5800 is rubbish.
    Can you elaborate?

Anyway OP, it's cheaper and in several ways a better option imo.
    Research reviews/comparisons before you spend 100s on something you might just leave behind somewhere. It's not an iPhone killer this biased site claims but it works well.

iPhone v Desire etc Cnet
    5800 Cnet

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

it was about 429 euro in vodafone store there the other day when i checked it, but internet is 99c a day with vodafone compared to usage amounts on three (im going to wait for three as a result) and you get x free credit then also so it works out probably 60 euro cheaper.
    just get a rebel sim card for 15 euro if you want to switch networks afterwards
    rebel sim

as for nexus 1 vs iphone. well the question now is iphone 3gs or iphone 4. iphone 4 has the front facing camera which is obviously a big plus, but the reception issue. well screw that.
    htc desire is the newer version of nexus 1 so get that i guess.. if you want simplicity then get the iphone. but if you plan on having it for a while and like to do a bit of fiddling get the desire as it will be better and more customisable.
    if you dont think you will divulge into apps and games, get the samsung wave, its samsungs new OS, so wont support a lot of apps (only abuot 100 out at the moment supposedly)
    android (htc phones) has 10,000 apps
    iphone have 100,000

also htc phones support flash - youtube videos, and lots of internet sites use it, so its the main reason i choose it over apple. apple give you a great product at a cheap price but have it made so that you have to pay for anything you want to add to it afterwards (app store, itunes etc - all make a fortune for them)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

Apple give you a terrible product at a ridiculous price.

Any of the top androids, Sony X10, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S. Are all superior to iPhone (any model current or coming soon) and probably better than the nexus one.

Bare in mind that HTC built the Nexus one...

Also... Itunes App store currently has 180,000 to 200,000 apps or there abouts, the Android market has around 63,000 (it was 10,000 back in january). Also, 25% of itunes apps are free, something like 80% of Android are free, and only Free are available in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

as it was mentioned before iPhone is a phone with easy user interface (UI)

Nexus one a brilliant phone...but due to the fact it stopped selling it might (not sure) not be getting anymore official updates since google stopped production and stopped selling them...look up htc desire...htc android phones are brilliant phones in terms of using and in terms of built quality...

got my htc hd2 and best phone i had so far!

• Advertisement

The iPhone UI is no more easier than Android. The Nexus One hasn't been discontinued either, all that has happened us that it will now be sold through networks rather than Google.

Advertisement