Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox Live - Proper Question

• 29-06-2010 2:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

Yeah so just wondering, and i know it's been said a few times before, The only response i get is no one cares,

But with Xbox live in Ireland we pay the €60 a year to get what exactly

1. Demos
    2. Play online
    3. Facebook/Twitter that doesn't work properly
    4. We had 1 vs 100 but that didn't seem to work too well
    5. Inside Xbox

Whereas in England/US

They get all that and more it seems,

1. Last Fm
    2. More movies
    3. More Free sh1t

So why are we constantly getting jipped?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It all boils down to content licencing across the various countries. In the US, it is all one territory, so you only have to negotiate with the content owners for one area - in europe there are 27+ different countries each with their own legal complexities, subsidiaries and so on.

That explains the Movies, TV and Music that they get in the US that we don't get here.
    The UK gets more than Ireland, but less than the US.

Although, if it helps, you shouldn't be paying €60 for your year of Live. See the sticky at the top of the forum. You can get it for about €35 or so (about 70c a week). So you still get jipped on content, but you're not paying as much for it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Thought it was something like that, but doesnt the EU has a standardised law or does the slight variations mean stuff like this happens,

Will be doing that when my year sub runs out in august :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You can always create a silver UK account like I did when they brought out rockband network, really annoyed me that we couldn't get those here, and I had to have the Bang Camaro songs :D Messy as you have to add points to a 2nd account and the content is tied to it but all I did was go with the same gamer tag and stick a UK at the end and for now it's working well. Some of the songs on RBN are only 80 points so win ;)

There wasn't really much else of interest to me that we didnt already have here, I don't use facebook etc as my xbox shares my pc monitor so there is no point
    really.

Out of interest what free stuff do they get in the UK?

they have last fm which we dont get and then friend of mine has a ps3 and they can stream a sh1tload of music where if we wanna watch a music video on xbox you have to pay for it, same company and all. Find that one very strange, Vidzone it is, Just would be handy for a party, but feck it im just in a ranty mood today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

allan where are u spending 60 euro on live thats ridiculous money you can get a years live for bout 30 online

• Advertisement

only found that out a few months ago when i had already got a years worth :P no more says i

Advertisement