Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OXEGEN

Options
  • 29-06-2010 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

can anyone tell me if oxegen is actually fun? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

kmlarules wrote: »
    Presume so...

I'm going on the Saturday! *dances*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭new shoes

Ur too young ya brat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

yeah if youre old enough ;)

have my four day camping ticket! bring it on

ha im 25 and i reckon im too old!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

new shoes wrote: »
    Ur too young ya brat!
    Supervised by an adult over 25. Therefore, anyone over 5 can go. Not camping though. My aunt has a house in Offaly and I'll be staying there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Supervised by an adult over 25. Therefore, anyone over 5 can go. Not camping though. My aunt has a house in Offaly and I'll be staying there.

Lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

1. How could it not be?
    2.Why are you posting this in the jc forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

1. How could it not be?
    2.Why are you posting this in the jc forum?

Says the man who started the "Word Association Game" thread!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭patakadarragh

DylanS09 wrote: »
    Says the man who started the "Word Association Game" thread!:P

Hahahaha touché....that was approx 30 minutes after i found this forum.:rolleyes:

Dude pm'd you i think??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wrong forum, I'll move this to Clearasil and Hormones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Yes its fun if youre with the right people.
    Been twice and had a great laugh both times(even if they were both pretty rainy weekends)

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Went last year and it was pretty epic! Can't believe it's in less than two weeks still have to get my ticket. Just make sure to stay safe, try and get on a hill (really drunk people tend to migrate downwards), also go somewhere where there is something huge and easily recognisible nearby so that you don't get lost. I can't wait, you'll have a ball as long as you're in the right frame of mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

It's great. It's a nice break from everything. The music is only half of the fun. You'll experience a unique atmosphere at the campsite. I love the random cheering that happens occasionally. Make friends with your neighbours and it'll go down well. There's loads of horror stories but as long as you stay smart, you'll avoid them easily.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Well it helps you live and stuff, so I would say Oxygen is lots of fun...

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I hope so!! Went to Electric Picnic last year, it was awesome, so Oxegen should be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

D4RK ONION wrote: »

*gets coat*
    That's Oxygen. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I've went for the last two years...I was supposed to go up on the friday this year but I couldn't get it off work. FML.

But ya it's pretty class, my first year was amazing. See as many bands as you can, leave the reckless drinkin',shmokin' and fightin' for night-time shinanigans. Bring a good raincoat. Watch your cash. Um.. if I come up with any other nuts of widom I'll post again!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

It was f*cking brilliant in 2008. Kind of tempted to go for a day this year. Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I was gonna get a day ticket this year if Arcade Fire and Florence and the Machine were playing the same day. They're not. :(
    No offence, but the type of crowd Jay-Z, Eminem and Black Eyed Peas would draw would have it's fair share of...."unsavoury" characters. That's a blatant stereotype, I know, but it's fairly accurate. Pity, because even though I don't particularly like rap I reckon Jay-Z could be pretty good live. Ah well...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

^
    Couldn't agree more!

Oxegen's a bit of a knackerfest anyway, but it'll be even more scummer central than ever this year! Nooooo thanks!

EDIT: I went the last 2 years and did have great craic though, so any 1st timers- just stick with friends and don't be a complete knob and you'll be grand.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I was considering on going but then I realised I'd probably like Electric Picnic more.

It has Modest Mouse and I can get married there and have the reception on a pirate ship.

What's not to love?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

€200 + for a ticket with camping, full of scumbags, potentially pissing rain, stuff not safe, everything there is a rip off. No Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I have honestly never got the appeal of Oxegen, can genuinely think of few things in life I would want to do less. Really struggling to see the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

phlegms wrote: »
    I have honestly never got the appeal of Oxegen, can genuinely think of few things in life I would want to do less. Really struggling to see the appeal.

TBH, it sounds like you go there to have a piss up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

unknown13 wrote: »
    €200 + for a ticket with camping, full of scumbags, potentially pissing rain, stuff not safe, everything there is a rip off. No Thanks.

It's not all bad. The trick is to fill a bag with food and stuff from Tesco, and live off that for the weekend. Go with some good friends and stay with them. Get into the pit near the stage and you're less likely to get stuck near the scumbags. Carry anything valuable (wallets, phones, cameras) with you.

It's easy to get over the bad weather when you've got good company and amazing live entertainment.

You're right about it being a rip off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

phlegms wrote: »

Lots of drinking in a big field and seeing a bit'a live music?
    It seems like it'd be a good oul combo. Kind of.

For me, I think the camping experience was something I just wanted to do once. I only went last year because I got a free ticket.

Been offered a free ticket again for this year, but none of my friends are going and I just... meh. I'm just... meh. I might see if I can go for a day if I'm not paying but... mehhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

No offence, but the type of crowd Jay-Z, Eminem and Black Eyed Peas would draw would have it's fair share of...."unsavoury" characters.
    bythewoods wrote: »
    Oxegen's a bit of a knackerfest anyway, but it'll be even more scummer central than ever this year! Nooooo thanks!
    full of scumbags

Oxegen has this reputation, but I completely don't get it. Lots of my (decidedly non-knackery) friends go to Oxegen every year. The year I went I saw absolutely no scummers, fires, public urination, or stabbings.

Just a bunch of people like you and I having fun and seeing their favourite bands. What's not to love!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

TBH, it sounds like you go there to have a piss up.

I'm too busy reading Chaucer from sepia-toned scrolls and sipping Cognac to derive any sort of pleasure from such an activity..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

D4RK ONION wrote: »

*gets coat*

Unless you're on fire.

• Advertisement

Jackobyte wrote: »

Was only winding u up mate! U dont need an adult ull be grand! Just lay off the scrumpy jack!

Advertisement