Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who Will Replace Joe Duffy when he get's Tubridy's slot?

• 29-06-2010 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

My money is on Anton Savage. Not because he's any good, but because it's RTE.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

uvox wrote: »

Is Duffy getting 9-10 tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Its not going to happen I would say. Pat Kenny will move back to 9 to 11 and they will create a new show from 11 to 12. Thats the question we should be asking, what will they put in there and who will they put in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Anton Savage is deadly. I hope he gets it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Perhaps he's making more money with the family PR business?

There isnt a hope of RTE bringing in someone from the outside. No way they could justify adding another 150-200k to the annual salaries when other staff have been on a pay freeze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Firetrap wrote: »
    Perhaps he's making more money with the family PR business?

I forgot that he is Terry Prone's son isnt he... jaysus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Skinback

anyone else will do me.I hate Duffy....can't stand the guys voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭bob123456

Marion Finucane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Son of Terry Prone and Tom Savage (http://www.rte.ie/about/authority.html).

Oh, and also in the Communications Clinic. As Vincent Browne says in the Sunday Business Post of 20-Jun-2010:

Anton Savage of the Communications Clinic (which he runs with his parents Tom Savage and Terry Prone) has been domesticating (Enda) Kenny for years

Murray's replaced Tubridy: http://www.ireland.com/news/murray-to-take-over-tubridy-slot/462507

That leaves Bill Cullen or Jay Bourke with a fighting change to present a business programme on RTE then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Joe Duffy dropboard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Murray's replaced Tubridy: http://www.ireland.com/news/murray-to-take-over-tubridy-slot/462507

That leaves Bill Cullen or Jay Bourke with a fighting change to present a business programme on RTE then.
    I could never listen to Bill Cullen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The Business show (John Murray) on RTE1 has to be replaced with George Lee surely!!!

Any bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

the best news for years is that the dreadful Joe Duffy is leaving liveline. What was a wonderful programme with Marian Finucane Joe Duffy managed to turn into a nasty spiteful show where he loved nothing more than setting up someone for a goof old on air fight, with him as the referee who was ready to stoke things up if they looked like calming down.

He turned liveline into a tabloid show, rendering it unlistenable to for so many people I know.

The Business show (John Murray) on RTE1 has to be replaced with George Lee surely!!!

Any bets.

Indeed. Watch this space.

jacaranda wrote: »
    the best news for years is that the dreadful Joe Duffy is leaving liveline. What was a wonderful programme with Marian Finucane Joe Duffy managed to turn into a nasty spiteful show where he loved nothing more than setting up someone for a goof old on air fight, with him as the referee who was ready to stoke things up if they looked like calming down.

He turned liveline into a tabloid show, rendering it unlistenable to for so many people I know.

Reminds me of the old man who used to go down to his local pub every night and drink in the peace and quiet of an empty bar with no one to annoy him.

Man sells pub and the new owner comes in, spruces the place up to get customers in. Pub now has a big crowd going to it but the old man is very annoyed and doesn't like the new owner at all..............because he doesnt have peace and quiet anymore in the pub nobody went to, except him!

Marian 200k listenrers, Joe 400k listeners. End of arguement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭jacaranda

Derryleigh wrote: »
    Reminds me of the old man who used to go down to his local pub every night and drink in the peace and quiet of an empty bar with no one to annoy him.

Man sells pub and the new owner comes in, spruces the place up to get customers in. Pub now has a big crowd going to it but the old man is very annoyed and doesn't like the new owner at all..............because he doesnt have peace and quiet anymore in the pub nobody went to, except him!

Marian 200k listenrers, Joe 400k listeners. End of arguement.

I don't disagree. The Sun newspaper also sells more than the Guardian or the Independent. But my point was not about quantity, but it was about quality and the fact of Joe Duffy's tabloid and confrontational style, neither of which is to my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭meolwan

jacaranda wrote: »

Maybe they will get Eammon Keane is that the real reason why he left newstalk ????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

proximity2 wrote: »
    Would it be too much to expect that Pat Kenny's programme be moved forward to start just after nine and give Ronan Collins an earlier, longer programme from eleven. Ronan's show is like an oasis amidst all the chat.

Some of the music he plays is okay, but the sig tune alone has me switching the dial. And I dont give a fk about "Auntie Mary who is 80 today, best wishes from all her family" I dont understand the psychology of people who think it's a big deal to get your name mentioned on the radio, as opposed to actually telling the person "happy birthday" themselves ..

I always switch over to newstalk for 12-1 and then back at one for the news. I will be switching over from 11-1 if he gets the extra hour.

Advertisement