Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chiropodist

Options
  • 29-06-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I was just wondering if someone could recommend a Chiropodist in the city who charges reasonably.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭littlecat

Hi,

Mamie Cox in Conduit Lane (just past the Belfry Hotel) - 051 875469 - very nice and have always found the fee reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Paul Walsh Sweetbriar Park Lower Newtown 051-873895 is very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

I would agree with both posts above, however I would stay away from "Michael Street" as I have been there four times and they(the toenail) have all came back and also they are not covered on VHI etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Although i haven't used her service I have met mamie cox a few times in previous work and she is a lovely woman if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I would agree with both posts above, however I would stay away from "Michael Street" as I have been there four times and they(the toenail) have all came back and also they are not covered on VHI etc

Are you saying you've had toenails removed by a chiropodist?

I thought they weren't qualified to do this as it involved local anaesthetic...something a GP would do?

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    Are you saying you've had toenails removed by a chiropodist?

I thought they weren't qualified to do this as it involved local anaesthetic...something a GP would do?

GP's are but chiropodist's are qualified to work on any part of your feet, hard skin removal, ingrown toenail, etc. and yep I have had 7 removed in my time all under local anaesthetic by a chiropodist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I am going to my GP tomorrow as i have a slight ingrown nail on the big toe.

If it is a case of having to go to a chiropodist, how much would the average charge be considering it should not be anything too major?

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I am going to my GP tomorrow as i have a slight ingrown nail on the big toe.

If it is a case of having to go to a chiropodist, how much would the average charge be considering it should not be anything too major?

Its been a while since I was at one but I can recall the charge being about €250 in michael street :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

€250 :eek: .
    Jeez i thought it would be €75 - €125 max

well i did say its been a while lol , so dont quote me on those, research their prices first, michael streets number(as per golder pages.ie) is 051 858868

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Its been a while since I was at one but I can recall the charge being about €250 in michael street :mad:

in the name of jebus what did you get done..a transplant:D

€250 for just one visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I paid €35 to get rid of 2 vurruccas on my son's foot and that included to free short appointments to check it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

How do these guys work.

Will they see you first and give you a quick free assessment and price option depending on proceedure required before you decide to go ahead if at all.

Advertisement