Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen Sharing

Options
  • 29-06-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

I am looking at the possibility of screen sharing in our company for the sake of saving on license fees. We have 2 LCD displays that we would like to display a live updating report. To display the report you need a piece of licensed software. I think it would be better to run the report on 1 screen and then screen share (like Skype can) to the other LCD. Both LCD's are connected to seperate PC's and too far apart to run cables for screen cloning. The license for the software is up on €4k so this would be a nice bit of cost saving.

Has anyone ever used any (freeware preferably) software that can do this, Skype will not be allowed on the network so I need an alternative. Also, I don't want to use RDP\VNC\Dameware or anything that allows interaction, I want to lock it down to display only. AND it needs to be run by staff on the floor so nothing too technical or in depth that can be abused..... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Im not sure if this would work. In logmein there are permission settings. It may be possible to install it on one PC and change the settings to allow only to view and not to interact. And its free for the basic version.

www.mikogo.com

is what I use for screen sharing. It may be worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Thanks guys, had a look at both and they don't really suit what I need, but, a friend has just suggested good old Netmeeting and it seems to be doing the job! I can select the program that I want to share and have it completely restricted to view only so this exactly what I need. Good old Microsoft.... :rolleyes:

Advertisement