Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strawberry cheesecake?

Options
  • 29-06-2010 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I was just wondering if any of you had a nice receipe for strawberry cheesecake plz? Preferably one that I could use some fresh strawberries in too but this doesnt matter. Also what type of tray would i needto get to bake it in, do they have to have the removable base. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MissAlex

Hi, this is the recipe I use:

Ingredients:
    2 cups (500g) mascarpone cheese
    10-15 Strawberries
    3/4 cup of sugar
    Sachet of gelatin powder
    1/4 cup of water
    Approx 1/2 large packet of digestive biscuits
    3 tbsp butter

Base:
    1. Bash the biscuits until they crumbs, melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan and add the biscuit crumbs to the butter and stir well till the butter is mixed in.
    2. Press the mixture evenly over the bottom of a spring pan, then place in fridge to set for a few minutes.

Topping:
    1. Beat the mascarpone cheese and sugar together in a large bowl until well mixed.
    2. Grind or puree the strawberries until smooth and gradually add to the mascarpone and sugar, and mix.
    3. Heat the 1/4 cup of water, don't boil, add the gelatin and stir till it dissolves, then set aside for a few minutes until it gets slightly cool.
    4. Pour the gelatin mix into the strawberry and mascarpone and mix well.
    5. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base, then chill in fridge overnight or at least 12 hours.

I only use the sprung/removable base tins but you could always use a lined tin instead and lift out of the tin when set.

hth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Hi OnTour,
    I use a baked Cheesecake recipe from the Good Food Website, however it has raspberries. It is really gorgeous one of the top 5 rated recipes

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3842/baked-raspberry-cheesecake

You could subsitute the raspberries with Strawberries, once you chop them up small or puree them before adding. The high water content in the strawberries might leave soggy holes where the strawberries were.

The tin I use is an 20 cm springform tin and also place it on a baking tray before placing it into the oven incase it leaks.

Advertisement