Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

toyota corrola 1.4 vvti 2001

• 29-06-2010 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

looking at a 2001 toyota corrola vvti from a dealer in blessington she is on carzone for 2995 , shes a 1.4 vvti model with 69000 miles 2 owners
    looks spotless and has service history

do u think its worth it any one out there can tell me what a corrolla is like to own

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

looking at a 2001 toyota corrola vvti from a dealer in blessington she is on carzone for 2995 , shes a 1.4 vvti model with 69000 miles 2 owners
    looks spotless and has service history

do u think its worth it any one out there can tell me what a corrolla is like to own

Ive a 02 model, but doubt there's much different from the 01. I love the car, nice bit of poke in it, no trouble since i got it last year(tip wood), stereo/speakers in it are great to. Seems to be easy on the go go juice, plenty of shelves and box's to put stuff into.

The one thing I don't like is there is no remote locking/alarm, unless the previous owner of that fitted one?

The price sounds great, I assume that's not with a Toyota dealer?

Oh yeah cause its VVTI, personally my insurance went up, not to much though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Make sure to have it checked by a mechanic. Some of the early VVTi engines burnt excessive oil and Toyota replaced the entire engine block so make sure and check it is not consuming too much oil.

Other thing to look out for are the stereo, they have a habbit of breaking, the volume button can break and the signal of the fm radio can be lost due to a connection problem with the aeral.

The saloon tend to be better built as they were built in Japan whereas the hatchbacks were built in Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭corolla 1991

is this the corolla http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Corolla/1.4-VVTi/201005196770561/advert?channel=CARS??..only
    its the only one that fits youre description...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I own a 5door 1.4 vvti 2000 corolla myself. Its a good car. It ain't pretty & if your into driving enthusiastically its not the right car for you but otherwise its nippy, frugal & quite comfortable on long journeys.

BTW i got my one for 1600 euros 3 months ago but she needed a little cleaning up.

I think 2995 is a wee bit high for that car your looking at. I'd offer 2500 & chance my arm. But thats just me.

Advertisement