Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Instant camera

• 29-06-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭

I'm getting married next month and was looking for an instant camera to take photos of guests as they arrive at the reception. and then paste them into a scap book that the can sign later, has anyone got an instant camera they would recomend for this?
    Thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

You can pickup a Fuji Instax cameras in Dublin... but I'm not sure how well geared they are towards your requirements. The film ain't cheap and the cameras are a bit limited in their functionality.

What about one of those small compact printers (let me find a link) that you can probably hook up directly to your camera, they might do a better job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

rothai wrote: »
    I'm getting married next month and was looking for an instant camera to take photos of guests as they arrive at the reception. and then paste them into a scap book that the can sign later, has anyone got an instant camera they would recomend for this?
    Thanks a mil

There's are two types of Fuji Instax cameras, the mini and the normal one.

I’ve got the mini one, can’t remember how much it cost, I think it was around €30, in town the film is €20 for a twin pack – basically you’re paying a euro per shot.
    But if you buy in bulk off ebay it’s far cheaper.
    For example here it’s about €60 for 100 shots.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/FUJI-INSTAX-MINI-INSTANT-POLAROID-10-PACKS-100-FILMS-/110506851920?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Photography_Film&hash=item19bab8be50

You might want to go for the larger one, but I’m not too such how much the film costs, I know the camera itself if about €65 in Gunns.

But it’s a great idea, I’ve done that for friends birthdays and it’s so much fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

As it so happens, the OH got an Instax on Saturday to use at a Wedding in July.... 65quid in Gunns for the Fuji Instax 210, and the film is 25 quid for 20 shots.

Quality is pretty good -well, about what you'd expect from a 'polaroid'... quite a retro feel to it, and you can get some good shots.

They also have the Diana and the Instax back in Gunns, which was mighty tempting (50 odd quid for the Med Format Diana, and 73 for the instant back that takes the mini film)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Crispin

What about a Polaroid PoGo instant printer. They are about 30 euros and will connect to phones and digital cameras and instantly print onto polaroid paper. Paper is also sticky if you peel off the back so you could post it straight into a book. :)link is here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I was going to suggest that myself. They're nifty, for the size of them, and would work out cheaper than paying for several packs of Instax. Plus you can use your own camera (assuming you already have one) so you'll already be familiar with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement