Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

processor help

Options
  • 29-06-2010 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

apologies to mods if a thread already running, but I am looking for some help in regards to upgrading my laptop. I basically just want to purchase a new processor with speeds of 2.2 ghz or higher, so I can run football manager 10 on it. I currently own a toshiba A200, and current processor is only 1.8ghz, and it won't run the game properly. I have a contact who can fit for me, but looking for some tips here to where I can get a good (and cheap!!) processor that will do the job...

Cheers guys

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

thats a core 2 duo processor right? It shouldnt have a problem with your game... I have FM2010 running just perfectly on a 1.5ghz core 2 duo.

A quick google suggests it might be your graphics card. Did you try switching off the 3d engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭elnino35

thats a core 2 duo processor right? It shouldnt have a problem with your game... I have FM2010 running just perfectly on a 1.5ghz core 2 duo.

A quick google suggests it might be your graphics card. Did you try switching off the 3d engine?
    No, I will try that so...take it you can turn it off on the game preferences then?..btw how much for a good graphics card??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

yeah its definately there somewhere... I'm at work so I cant remember the options :)

annnd you cannot upgrade the graphics card on that laptop, I'm afraid. Just the RAM, CPU and Hard Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭elnino35

yeah its definately there somewhere... I'm at work so I cant remember the options :)

annnd you cannot upgrade the graphics card on that laptop, I'm afraid. Just the RAM, CPU and Hard Drive
    no bother mate...thanks for the help neway;)

Advertisement