Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early pregnancy test

• 29-06-2010 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi

Just wondering how early before your period you can test to see if you are pregnant. My cycle is 30 days so i am due on friday - got a Clearblue digital twinpack test yesterday- its says you can do it up to 4 days before your period is due.

So i done the test last night - i know i should have waited until this morning. Anyway it showed up negative. How accurate are the tests when testing early?

Am i best to wait until friday to do the other test?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

foxie2010 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering how early before your period you can test to see if you are pregnant. My cycle is 30 days so i am due on friday - got a Clearblue digital twinpack test yesterday- its says you can do it up to 4 days before your period is due.

So i done the test last night - i know i should have waited until this morning. Anyway it showed up negative. How accurate are the tests when testing early?

Am i best to wait until friday to do the other test?

these test aren't as highly sensitive as others. If you really can't wait, and don't want to risk wasting the other digi on a potential negative result, I'd recommend getting a FRER (First Response) non digital, they are highly sensitive. I'd only ever use a digi to back up a faint positive result on a strip test like FRER. good Luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 foxie2010

these test aren't as highly sensitive as others. If you really can't wait, and don't want to risk wasting the other digi on a potential negative result, I'd recommend getting a FRER (First Response) non digital, they are highly sensitive. I'd only ever use a digi to back up a faint positive result on a strip test like FRER. good Luck ;)

Thanks for the response DetectiveFoxtrot. I will get a FRER test tomorrow in the chemist and do it on thursday morning. I should have patience, I know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

foxie2010 wrote: »
    Thanks for the response DetectiveFoxtrot. I will get a FRER test tomorrow in the chemist and do it on thursday morning. I should have patience, I know!!

Well I'm a test-oholic so I can't judge. Have hundreds of the internet cheapies in my drawer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bababoom

Well I'm a test-oholic so I can't judge. Have hundreds of the internet cheapies in my drawer!
    from what ive heard the internet cheapies are just as good as the more expensive ones
    lol i have a stash of internet cheapies too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 foxie2010

I didnt get a chance to buy anymore until yesterday - got a cheap pack in Dunnes , non digital, did a test last night, should have waited until this morning because i know its better to test in the morning, but it was negative last night. I actually miscalculated, i am due on saturday. Have decided not to do another test until at least sunday, if i get my period tomorrow, well thats that , will just have to try again next month. If thats the case i might buy an ovulation testing kit, i seen a clearblue one last week in the chemist - smiley face one!

When would you recommend using these - ie how many days after the start of your period?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

HI foxie

I bought opks from happy bumps. Pretty cheap to buy in bulk, just make sure you read up on how to use them as mine came with no instruction.

I started testing from day 8 (counting first day of period as day 1) and got a positive on day 15. Fingers crossed for my positive in two weeks :D

Advertisement