Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business: NUI GALWAY or U. of LIMERICK‏

• 29-06-2010 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Many people have told me that a business degree from UL is held with more esteem by employers than a commerce degree from NUIG. Is this true? Would I be foolish to choose NUIG over UL?

Also, can anyone tell me which is supposed to have the better student life? Limerick is closer and more convenient, has the better facilities, but Galway seems a more interesting city. I don't know where to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Acc Rex wrote: »
    Many people have told me that a business degree from UL is held with more esteem by employers than a commerce degree from NUIG. Is this true? Would I be foolish to choose NUIG over UL?

Also, can anyone tell me which is supposed to have the better student life? Limerick is closer and more convenient, has the better facilities, but Galway seems a more interesting city. I don't know where to go.

Galway has a the best nightlife.
    Galway is only 3 years, so you could have a masters degree after NUIG in the same time you will have a bachelors from UL (which is 4).

UL may be held in more esteem due to work experience, which im fairly sure NUIG doesnt have.

You could probably get work experience with the NUIG one, also, you could just do some summer internships somewhere.

If you would rather have work experience enhance your employability (and possibly better facilities), choose UL.

If you would rather have the better nightlife and a faster degree (and still decent employability and time to do a masters) choose NUIG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

I've eaten in both places. The food in UL was stunning and in NUIG was dreadful.

I've been in both libraries on hot days. UL was cool in places. NUIG was like a sweat box.

I've heard too that UL is more highly regarded due to its industrial exposure.

Yeah there's more to do in Galway city but shu go to UL and pop up to galway for a few weekends.

Advertisement