Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast on Grafton St

Options
  • 29-06-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi all, staying in The Westbury next week and decided against having breakfast there for various reasons. Any recommendations for a nice breakfast in that area. Suppose I'm looking for a wide choice of breakfast dishes, not just a fry iykwim.
    Many thanks!

p.s. am VERY excited!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Metro Café!

Chatham st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Welcome to Ireland. Personally, I think if you want the best Irish breakfast in Dublin then take a 10 minute walk to Yum Yum's:

http://foursquare.com/venue/403887

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rubywoo

Great, thanks for those suggestions!
    I'm actually just coming from Galway for the night with DH, but leaving the kiddies behind and all that entails.....;) hence the excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Cafe Novo in the Westbury is quite good for lunch so I assume other meals are good there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭marwelie

Bewleys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Kylemore at the top of St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre do a cracking fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

There's only one place you could possibly go - Odessa Restaurant on Dame Court. The best brunch in Ireland (though it doesn't open until 11.30am, you'll be glad you waited). Great breakfast selection - traditional, veggie and otherwise. I would rampage through Grafton St naked (not, I can assure you, a pretty sight) for their French toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

Keoghs on Trinity street, just off Dame street on that corner (sorry no map!)

Best scones in Ireland. (and plenty of other brekkie choices)

Turn left @ Trinity college end of Grafton Street, down Suffolk St, past the post office on your right, turn right there, you will smell the scones....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Is Cafe Java still on Sth Anne Street? The breakfast special in there is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

If you like crepes then Fafies http://www.fafies.com/ is the place to go. I've been there for brunch before and there is nothing like following up your savoury crepe with a cinnamon, apple and icecream one. They have a HUGE selection of crepes. Nom nom nom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Kylemore at the top of St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre do a cracking fry.

No they don't. Avoid this place OP - it's a greasy hellpit.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Brasserie Sixty 6 on George's Street. Posh brekkie :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Brasserie Sixty 6 on George's Street. Posh brekkie :P

Ugh. Overpriced place with very little to recommend it. Mediocre food and poor service.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rubywoo

Thanks for all the recommendations, I'll be looking out for them!

Advertisement